When was the last time we know Axl wrote a song?

One for the historians among us......

Other than speculation and "he's writing all the time" type comments, when is the last time we KNOW Axl wrote a song? Is it Hard Skool, and does that date back to 1999? Anything since? 

'Rock The Rock' wasn't written by him as I recall was it? 

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe that would be pretty cool. The early Sixx: A.M. stuff was great, in my book.

Ashba’s body of work doesn’t really do anything for me (neither does Slash’s outside of Guns to be fair), but I’ll listen to anything with the red head singing and hope for the best!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think so. Could be wrong but I'm sure at the time the show writers were mentioned as writing it. 

Yup...Rob Janas and Joshua Funk, Producer & Music Composer on the New Looney Tunes show, wrote it.

As an aside, that particular show wasn't great.  The more recent ones on HBO Max, on the other hand, are excellent!  Just like the classic ones, with the older animation style, just slightly modernized...Highly recommended!

Edited by oneway23

59 minutes ago, Dean said:

Ashba’s body of work doesn’t really do anything for me (neither does Slash’s outside of Guns to be fair), but I’ll listen to anything with the red head singing and hope for the best!

I'm definitely mostly an Axl fan, too. I do like a lot of Slash's work with Velvet Revolver and some of the stuff in his 2010 solo album as well. Maybe he can channel some of that same or better energy and soul into the new GN'R record, on the parts they won't keep Buckethead on ;) I do like his work on Absurd and Hard Skool, for the latter, I liked Robin's work too. Both are amazing in their own way, IMO.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm definitely mostly an Axl fan, too. I do like a lot of Slash's work with Velvet Revolver and some of the stuff in his 2010 solo album as well. Maybe he can channel some of that same or better energy and soul into the new GN'R record, on the parts they won't keep Buckethead on ;) I do like his work on Absurd and Hard Skool, for the latter, I liked Robin's work too. Both are amazing in their own way, IMO.

To be fair, Slash's self titled solo album is actually pretty well written, even if some of the tracks are not to my taste overall. Bizarrely the different singer per track approach kinda seems to work. Or at least it doesn't sound totally odd. If that makes any sense. 

Agreed about Slash on Hard Skool also. He really kicked that up a notch or two in my opinions Absurd is just... well an absolute shocker of a song! It is sheer utter bollocks to these ears. Might be fun in the live arena, but having listened to it again this morning in the shower... I was just like 'nah fuck this shit'. I genuinely think I'd listen to Scraped over that again. And I have zero inkling to hear Scraped either (though I will admit the solo section is quite cool... but I don't listen to songs for guitar solos... generally speaking)!!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

To be fair, Slash's self titled solo album is actually pretty well written, even if some of the tracks are not to my taste overall. Bizarrely the different singer per track approach kinda seems to work. Or at least it doesn't sound totally odd. If that makes any sense. 

Agreed about Slash on Hard Skool also. He really kicked that up a notch or two in my opinions Absurd is just... well an absolute shocker of a song! It is sheer utter bollocks to these ears. Might be fun in the live arena, but having listened to it again this morning in the shower... I was just like 'nah fuck this shit'. I genuinely think I'd listen to Scraped over that again. And I have zero inkling to hear Scraped either (though I will admit the solo section is quite cool... but I don't listen to songs for guitar solos... generally speaking)!!!! 

I'm one of those weirdos who actually really likes Scraped. Anything Bucket and Brain heavy is cool in my book. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm one of those weirdos who actually really likes Scraped. Anything Bucket and Brain heavy is cool in my book. 

There's an okay song in there. But the intro is actually offensively bad! And the background vocals throughout do hee haw to improve it. Then there is the lyrics! Oh my word, they are bad! Not as bad as Absurd right enough! But other than all that... aye, it's a cracker!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

There's an okay song in there. But the intro is actually offensively bad! And the background vocals throughout do hee haw to improve it. Then there is the lyrics! Oh my word, they are bad! Not as bad as Absurd right enough! But other than all that... aye, it's a cracker!!!!!!!

The intro is awful, I agree with you there. It may have been saved if it had a kickass instrumental behind the autotuned Axls.