SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

On 10/5/2021 at 4:03 PM, Ralphelmo said:

Better audio: https://www.facebook.com/Slash/videos/579763953361388/

Video from the set (few months back):

E2h91Z4XIAEIh34?format=jpg&name=medium

E2h91LvX0AEjKxJ?format=jpg&name=large

They have the setlist there, as we talked about it before, it was a proper gig that was surely recorded in full to be released somehow. 

Setlist: 

The Rock is rising ?
Time Will tell
C'est la vie
The Pain ... ?
Actions speak Louder
Spirit Love
Fill My World
April's Fool
?
Fall Back To Earth
-------------------
Driving Rain
You're A Lie
World On Fire
Anastasia

And we can't forget it's Gibson Record's maiden album, I'm sure the whole package will be great, from cover art to limited editions and everything you can imagine.

Wow, great post looking back on it! Yes, they used that recording for the cassette and also we see Slash’s heads on the side in the rack. That is really cool. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

400k views in three days is not that bad for a SMKC single I guess.

Not that bad at all. GNR page has like 9 million more YouTube subscribers than Slash’s solo page and HS has 1.8 million views and it’s been out for over a month. 
Also Seether’s page has 1.2 million subscribers and their Wasteland song is currently the #1 active rock song in the country. Its video has 693K views and has been out for over 2 months. 

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're not touring in the summer, Feb/March is it for 2022. 

Yeah after this leg of the SMKC tour Slash goes back to GN’R to do all of their make up dates for the rest of 2022. Then he will do some SMKC (European?)dates in Jan-Feb 2023.I am not a complete stalker I just saw an interview we’re he discussed it the other day.

7 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Anyone grab tickets on the presale? I’ll be going to the Chicago show. It was $126 for a pair of GA after getting buttfucked by the taxes and “convenience” fees. 

I bought 2 tickets today for $148 after taxes and fees. That felt like a steal compared to what I usually spend on 1 GN’R ticket. There is no GA for the Nashville show so I got 3rd row. I am taking my daughter who 11 so I think we did good. I usually do pit for GN’R so it will be okay.

21 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yeah after this leg of the SMKC tour Slash goes back to GN’R to do all of their make up dates for the rest of 2022. Then he will do some SMKC (European?)dates in Jan-Feb 2023.I am not a complete stalker I just saw an interview we’re he discussed it the other day.

I bought 2 tickets today for $148 after taxes and fees. That felt like a steal compared to what I usually spend on 1 GN’R ticket. There is no GA for the Nashville show so I got 3rd row. I am taking my daughter who 11 so I think we did good. I usually do pit for GN’R so it will be okay.

That's correct. If they do another US/NA run later it'll be different cities.

7 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Wow, great post looking back on it! Yes, they used that recording for the cassette and also we see Slash’s heads on the side in the rack. That is really cool. 

I really love the photos. They look like they are just having a lot of fun and are really happy. Slash has a huge smile on his face.   It's cool to see him taking it all in.

• Like 1

Liking this song more after a few listens.. I like the heavy riff. I have actually had 3 people text me with their approval of the song as well.  Still not a big fan of Myles but the song is strong enough to outshine him.. Much like the WOF album.. Really hoping for a rebound here as Living The Dream was the only Slash album ever that I didn't like.. Was also the first time I have passed up a tour of his since 1991.. Between Guns, VR, Snakepit, SMKC and a Camp Freddy show I have seen him close to 30 times.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

Those are great seats! I was row 3 at Pabst Theater in Milwaukee for Slash/Myles/Conspirators. It was so much fun. Best I've ever seen 'em live.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Liking this song more after a few listens.. I like the heavy riff. I have actually had 3 people text me with their approval of the song as well.  Still not a big fan of Myles but the song is strong enough to outshine him.. Much like the WOF album.. Really hoping for a rebound here as Living The Dream was the only Slash album ever that I didn't like.. Was also the first time I have passed up a tour of his since 1991.. Between Guns, VR, Snakepit, SMKC and a Camp Freddy show I have seen him close to 30 times.

What I do not like about the song is Myles in the verses but they are pretty short so that's not a big issue. I like him a lot in the chorus, though. He sings a nice catchy melody and that combined with Slash's riff is a good fit. Even the fast instrumental parts which confused me first, make sense now, after a few listens.

I'm not dissapointed at all. It's a good song imo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Free Bird said:

What I do not like about the song is Myles in the verses but they are pretty short so that's not a big issue. I like him a lot in the chorus, though. He sings a nice catchy melody and that combined with Slash's riff is a good fit. Even the fast instrumental parts which confused me first, make sense now, after a few listens.

I'm not dissapointed at all. It's a good song imo.

I just don't care for his voice.. He just makes songs that are musically good sound generic a lot of times.. Makes a lot of the verses, pre chorus and chorus sound the same as other songs. Not every song, but a good amount of them.  Luckily the music itself overshadows that sometimes. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just don't care for his voice.. He just makes songs that are musically good sound generic a lot of times.. Makes a lot of the verses, pre chorus and chorus sound the same as other songs. Not every song, but a good amount of them.  Luckily the music itself overshadows that sometimes. 

I used to love Myles but he’s definitely gotten very stale for me with Slash. He has like no dynamics anymore. Everything sounds the same with him. He’s better with Alter Bridge but even their last album I didn’t really listen to. Super talented and nice guy. Definitely consider myself a fan since I enjoyed a lot of his work, but I’d prefer Slash starts a new project considering he’s been with these guys for 10 years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I used to love Myles but he’s definitely gotten very stale for me with Slash. He has like no dynamics anymore. Everything sounds the same with him. He’s better with Alter Bridge but even their last album I didn’t really listen to. Super talented and nice guy. Definitely consider myself a fan since I enjoyed a lot of his work, but I’d prefer Slash starts a new project considering he’s been with these guys for 10 years 

I would prefer that too, but it doesn't seem very likely.

• Like 1

I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier but the music video (and that whole shoot) was directed by someone from Gibson TV (Gibson's YouTube and video dept) so maybe they'll put up the whole set on Gibson's channel when the album comes out. Hopefully they'll release it in some way in Feb.

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I wished he had stuck with Andrew Stockdale from the beginning. Unfortunately as @Free Bird said another singer doesn't seem likely at this point.. I would love to see him just do something different like a traditional blues album with that guy Jimmy Vivino he jammed with a couple times a few years back..

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wished he had stuck with Andrew Stockdale from the beginning.

Nah, he wouldn't have been able to cover the back catalog (including GnR) and the other singers on the 2010 record. Even if you think Myles is boring or whatever he still has the range to sing everything from GnR to the rest of the 2010 album (and make them his own as well). Plus he's much more musically educated than Andrew which I'm sure Slash appreciates.

• Like 3