SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

Looking back at how they announced and released Driving Rain and the subsequent album and tour, they put up this video first:

Then about a week later this video and the single was released:

So if they follow this pattern then hopefully an announcement about the single and album preorder tomorrow and maybe info about the tour as well. I guess we'll know soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Because you stated that's it's only your opinion (and I assume you haven't more information) I I'd like to believe this friday is the friday :lol:

Well, it's not an opinion anymore. I know when the single is coming out and believe me it's not this week :P

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, Rovim said:

no, you're correct, Do It For The Kids was co-written by Izzy afaik but he used a variation of the DIFTK riff in a song he released called "Bomb". Back when Slash made that "best Guns record we've ever made" comment, Axl didn't buy it and said it was just "VR propaganda" and Scott thought that some of the work the band did with Izzy sounded like Bad Company so I'm not sure what they managed to come up with. I'd like to hear it, but if it was so great, I don't get why a musician like Slash wouldn't just release it after VR was over.

the old shit with Slash that Axl praised is what interest me way more than the Izzy/VR sessions. I believe that it actually has a chance of making it to a Guns album. (what Axl thought could have been the modern version of Aerosmith's Rocks) Axl said that when Slash left he chose not to use any of it so maybe it's actually a great foundation for something worthy of a release and the reason it wasn't used had nothing to do with its quality.

i am glad i do not have dementia :) 

I was thinking the same, maybe he agreed with Duff  not to realse or hold on just in case :D  

I didn t know about  Axl holding on to some Slash material :)  Maybe is Hard skool one of them?  on youtube one guy says that  song  is from 1996 , so i guess it could be?