SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

On 12/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, Chuerta86 said:

Love it! Slash is on a roll. Two for two! A catchy by the numbers radio friendly single with a beautiful thought out solo that will get airplay, nothing wrong with that. 

It's getting a shit ton of airplay on our local rock station....so much so, that I actually am beginning to really like this song! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, Ralphelmo said:

Both River is Rising and Fill My World are getting ton of airplay in Poland aswell, with no edit (Hard Skoll is trimmed and played less often, Absurd no airplay at all).

I really don't understand why a radio edit for hs was even made lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted that as well in the Studios 66 thread, but figured I might as well add it here.

For those of you who think parts of this album's issues lie in its horrendous mix and compressed mastering, here's a tip.

Exclusive to the Japanese market is a "deluxe" edition of the album, with bonus tracks from the Studios 60 performance at the end of the disc (You're A Lie, WOF, Driving Rain & Anastasia), and an additional DVD of the full performance ! While I would have preferred a blu ray for optimal image quality, the audio track is 48/16 PCM, so far higher quality than the youtube stream.

Mastering on the bonus live tracks is pretty compressed, but the PCM track ripped from the DVD has more dynamics (well, a bit) :

ANASTASIA.jpg

Definitely a better listening experience (even if it does not address the rest of the album's issues).

It may be a bit expensive (it was for me, ordered through CD Japan) but it's easier to get than the RSD release, and more convenient to rip.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1