SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

A lot better than Driving Rain but still def another SMKC song. I think the guitar playing on the GNR songs was better (although it’s similar) so I don’t think he’s less inspired playing wise there, it’s just how his playing is right now. It’s fine

Edited by ZoSoRose

49 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

A lot better than Driving Rain but still def another SMKC song. I think the guitar playing on the GNR songs was better (although it’s similar) so I don’t think he’s less inspired playing wise there, it’s just how his playing is right now. It’s fine

Well, it's nothing new. He played several solos like this before and he will have better ones on the record for sure.

• Like 1

Well, it’s 3am here, I just woke up and I’m listening to this here in Australia.

Initial thoughts after first listen, I really dig it. It’s certainly different to what I was expecting.

A chugging, groovy rocker for the most part, with some oddly jarring tempo changes for the solo sections, but I like that Slash is going off in those parts.

Much, much better than Driving Rain, which I’m using as comparison, as that was the first single from the last album.

Myles sounds pretty good too. The verse melody sounds similar to another song, but I can’t quite place what song it is.

Production sounds pretty good too. Nice and chunky.

I really wish they’d fix that fucking snare sound. Slash hasn’t had a great Sorum sounding cracking snare on any of his albums, and it makes the songs suffer because of that. To my ears anyway.

Lastly, it looks like the album is called “4” and The River is Rising opens the album.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Well, it’s 3am here, I just woke up and I’m listening to this here in Australia.

Initial thoughts after first listen, I really dig it. It’s certainly different to what I was expecting.

A chugging, groovy rocker for the most part, with some oddly jarring tempo changes for the solo sections, but I like that Slash is going off in those parts.

Much, much better than Driving Rain, which I’m using as comparison, as that was the first single from the last album.

Myles sounds pretty good too. The verse melody sounds similar to another song, but I can’t quite place what song it is.

Production sounds pretty good too. Nice and chunky.

I really wish they’d fix that fucking snare sound. Slash hasn’t had a great Sorum sounding cracking snare on any of his albums, and it makes the songs suffer because of that. To my ears anyway.

Lastly, it looks like the album is called “4” and The River is Rising opens the album.

Can't say anything about he production until I hear it officially and not through vpn. But I agree that it's better than Driving Rain.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

1. The River Is Rising

2. Whatever Gets You By

3. C’est La Vie

4. The Path Less Followed

5. Actions Speak Louder Than Words

6. Spirit Love

7. Fill My World

8. April Fool

9. Call off the Dogs

10. Fall Back to Earth

So it's all about Axl. :lol:

• Haha 2

Also listened with a VPN. Feels like it's something off the first two records. I loved Living The Dream (not the most popular opinion) but one thing that always wound me up about it was the drum sound. This feels more organic again.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the record!

2 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Also listened with a VPN. Feels like it's something off the first two records. I loved Living The Dream (not the most popular opinion) but one thing that always wound me up about it was the drum sound. This feels more organic again.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the record!

I remember being really disappointed after listening to the first 3 or 4 songs that were released prior the record. But I ended up loving Living The Dream.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

1. The River Is Rising

2. Whatever Gets You By

3. C’est La Vie

6. Spirit Love

7. Fill My World

8. April Fool

9. Call off the Dogs

10. Fall Back to Earth

So, what's the ballad?

Normally I would say C'est La Vie but I think Fall Back To Earth could it be too.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

1. The River Is Rising

2. Whatever Gets You By

3. C’est La Vie

6. Spirit Love

7. Fill My World

8. April Fool

9. Call off the Dogs

10. Fall Back to Earth

Where's this from? I can't find any info on the album anywhere other than that it's coming next year

40 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Not exactly the most exciting album cover lol 

Better than those weird Ron English ones though imo. I think they could've made this one a little better for sure. The number on it makes it look like a sports jersey.

• Like 1