SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What was the first video supposed to be? Thanks for sharing!

beztytuuw0jla.jpg

Weird it doesn't work where you're at. Description:

Provided to YouTube by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC The River Is Rising (feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators) · Slash · Myles Kennedy · The Conspirators The River Is Rising (feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators) ℗ 2021 Snakepit Records, LLC / Gibson Records under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (US) LLC Released on: 2021-10-22

Guitar: Slash

Drums: Brent Fitz

Bass: Todd Kerns

Guitar: Frank Sidoris

Sound Engineer, Producer: Dave Cobb

Sound Engineer: Eddie Spear

Sound Engineer: Phillip Smith

Sound Engineer: John Ewing

Sound Engineer: Ted Jensen

Composer: S. Hudson

Composer: M. Kennedy

I hear Shadow Life/Too Far Gone in vocal melody here and there and I find this fast part during the solo and outro really refreshig, everyone could expect an interlude after that short breakdown, because we've heard that milion times. I'm dissapointed with the mix, sounds flat as 240p. I like this song more than You're a Lie and more than Driving Rain, WOF got me right off the bat.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

beztytuuw0jla.jpg

Weird it doesn't work where you're at. Description:

Provided to YouTube by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC The River Is Rising (feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators) · Slash · Myles Kennedy · The Conspirators The River Is Rising (feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators) ℗ 2021 Snakepit Records, LLC / Gibson Records under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (US) LLC Released on: 2021-10-22

Guitar: Slash

Drums: Brent Fitz

Bass: Todd Kerns

Guitar: Frank Sidoris

Sound Engineer, Producer: Dave Cobb

Sound Engineer: Eddie Spear

Sound Engineer: Phillip Smith

Sound Engineer: John Ewing

Sound Engineer: Ted Jensen

Composer: S. Hudson

Composer: M. Kennedy

I hear Shadow Life/Too Far Gone in vocal melody here and there and I find this fast part during the solo and outro really refreshig, everyone could expect an interlude after that short breakdown, because we've heard that milion times. I'm dissapointed with the mix, sounds flat as 240p. I like this song more than You're a Lie and more than Driving Rain, WOF got me right off the bat.

Oh it's the YouTube Music track, it won't go live here in the US until later tonight.

That interview was cool, he managed to get through the whole thing without saying those famous three words haha. My prediction about touring was correct, US in spring 2022 and EU in 2023.

Edited by MaskingApathy

7 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

That descending guitar line in the chorus that was talked about earlier in the thread is reminiscent of Beneath the Savage Sun.

• Like 1

nice chorus riff and the metalic groove in the verse is neat. Withered Delilah vibe right after the solo. Not bad. I prefer Driving Rain, WOF, and You're A Lie as singles. 

also... just because it's Slash I think HS is a much better track and I'm guessing that the full Conspirators 4 album will be much better than this. Anyway, it's good to have a new Slash song to listen to.

Myles didn't impress me with this one and the song has a disjointed feel to it which I don't care for. Overall, pretty much what you'd expect from an average SMKC track, but I'm still excited about the album. As someone else already mentioned, Myles is kinda low in the mix. 

Slash's solo is energetic but not really inspired imo. The style of the song sounds like a cross between what you'll find on WOF and LTD which is pretty cool. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

After listening to that interview I posted, I recall how Apocalyptic Love was made. Todd, Brent and Myles (guitar and vocals) recorded it together live, but Slash did his guitars in so called 'Slash Box', not with the guys in one room. World On Fire was even more complicated as Slash did both rhythm and lead parts, with many layers. Myles' vocals was IMO the best so far on that album and it might've been caused by him focusing on polishing every single phrase, because he had time to do so. With upcoming '4' we must be aware that they probably did few takes of each song and picked the best versions, not many bands do such things these days.

You still can find making of of Apocalyptic Love on YT, same with World On Fire (Real to Reel series).

Slash also says that the record was done in April and he looked for a new publisher after that. So hiring Dave Cobb (or splitting ways with Elvis) wasn't Gibson Records decision. 

Btw. I hope they won't share more than two songs before the album release, it was disturbing that I knew 5 out of 12 songs on Living The Dream before they released it...

Btw2. It's growing on me after every listen, Myles' voice modulation in second part of the chorus is great.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I hope they won't share more than two songs before the album release, it was disturbing that I knew 5 out of 12 songs on Living The Dream before they released it...

I feel the same way, even for WOF I think they only released 3 before the album dropped (that I recall anyway).

I guess we might hear a few tracks live from the first couple shows before the album drops but with LTD, between the singles and live videos, we knew all the main songs by the time it came out.

Overall a kickass tune. Really like the vibe of most of it. Great intro the first 18 seconds and then it’s going great until whatever Slash is doing around 2:16. Distracting swerve off the song’s proverbial “path” but it recovers nicely. Should’ve ended around 3:12 though. Last 30 seconds are pointless IMO.