Jump to content

i don t care about you - Fear cover


Recommended Posts

i was listening to this song and there is a official video btw 

i think is a very unique cover, axl use a voice so punk and clean he could use this song nowdays for his actual voice, would fit like  a glove

the video was made it from the director of the  "perfect crime" documentary pretty sick footage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah it's great! 

Was the video official though? I thought it was something a fan knocked up when the clips from Perfect Crime leaked? 

It was official, but never released.

Btw, no clips from the "Perfect Crime" documentary have leaked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blackstar said:

It was official, but never released.

Btw, no clips from the "Perfect Crime" documentary have leaked.

Ah ok, thanks. 

I was under the impression that some were leaked about the time someone was trying to sell it for a huge amount of money? 

Edit: I'm talking about the Robert Johns footage. Was that not from Perfect Crime? 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Ah ok, thanks. 

I was under the impression that some were leaked about the time someone was trying to sell it for a huge amount of money? 

That was Robert John's own footage (separate from the UYI documentary). Most, if not all, of those clips had been out there for a long time anyway.

The I Don't Care... video was found earlier than the Robert John trailer (I was the one who found it, actually :lol: -  by chance, when I was looking for something else related to GnR videos, I found the director's website and then his vimeo channel )

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blackstar said:

That was Robert John's own footage (separate from the UYI documentary). Most, if not all, of those clips had been out there for a long time anyway.

The I Don't Care... video was found earlier than the Robert John trailer (I was the one who found it, actually :lol: -  by chance, when I was looking for something else related to GnR videos, I found the director's website and then his vimeo channel )

Got you.

I thought Robert Johns was hawking Perfect Crime around, but obviously not. Appreciate the clarification! 

Did anything ever come of the Robert Johns stuff? I assume no-one took him up on his (less than) tempting offer?! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

its a fun tune

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I like to play this song to people who think they have Axl and GNR pegged.

Don't tell 'em it's GNR/Axl until I have them guess who is performing. 

They never get it. 

Id imagine that has something to do with the fact that its a cover, and not their own song

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Got you.

I thought Robert Johns was hawking Perfect Crime around, but obviously not. Appreciate the clarification! 

Did anything ever come of the Robert Johns stuff? I assume no-one took him up on his (less than) tempting offer?!

Yes, I assume the same. He has a lot more stuff than the footage that has been around and was included in the trailer, but, if there's truth to the rumoured price he was asking, I doubt there would be any buyers.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mendez said:

its a fun tune

Id imagine that has something to do with the fact that its a cover, and not their own song

Not really.

Has more to do with Axl’s vocals. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

A fantastic example of Axl's versatility as a vocalist (lost on most people with only a superficial knowledge of GN'R) and a fantastic song to boot.

I know the first time i listened to AFD i didn't know Axl was lead on ISE.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah ok, thanks. 

I was under the impression that some were leaked about the time someone was trying to sell it for a huge amount of money? 

Edit: I'm talking about the Robert Johns footage. Was that not from Perfect Crime? 

Is the video viewable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the video surfaced around the time of the Village leaks? I assumed most people on here had seen it by now.

https://streamable.com/6dr67t

No, it was a year before, in 2018 - maybe around the time HoB leaked.

That was also when the video takedowns escalated. I had made the mistake to post the link to the director's video on the forum and it was reported within minutes.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe it's the only GNR song with no lead guitar or solos - unless you count Look At Your Game Girl and My World. 

54 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the video surfaced around the time of the Village leaks? I assumed most people on here had seen it by now.

https://streamable.com/6dr67t

I wonder if they wanted to have this one in the VHS video collection. It doesn't seem to have any way this would air on MTV, but I don't believe the band would want to use this song as a single either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I believe it's the only GNR song with no lead guitar or solos - unless you count Look At Your Game Girl and My World. 

I wonder if they wanted to have this one in the VHS video collection. It doesn't seem to have any way this would air on MTV, but I don't believe the band would want to use this song as a single either.

they could play the song and release the video lke the its so easy, would be a legendary move and a smart onw since the vocal range of axl can do justice to this one

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...