Appetite for Distortion - Just a Minute, Mr. Freese (Smells Like Josh Spirit) | Ep. 310

3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

NEW! Ep. 310 - Just a Minute, Mr. Freese (Smells Like Josh Spirit)

Josh Freese's "Just A Minute, Vol. 1" comes out October 29th via Loosegroove Records. Mr. Freese talks to us all about his album of 1 min songs and his time with Guns N' Roses...is he on Hard Skool?

Well is he?

really fun interview. I wish it was longer. His solo album(s) concept is pretty whacky, but I can't wait to hear it. It wasn't supposed to happen so at least it exists. Great attitude as a musician too. You can tell he worked hard to get to where he's at, it's not just his incredible talent. The definition of a professional musician and he was respectful but honest.

I think Axl was lucky to have Josh in Gn'R for 2 years. Very curious about those 2 or 3 unreleased Gn'R tunes that he came up with. I remember he said in a different interview that the tunes he came up with were all on the AAA Gn'R list. (they had an A/AA/AAA list to put a quality label on the material)

encouraging that he seems to like these tunes. If another Guns album will see the light of day, it will be cool to ask Josh if he recognizes any of the tunes as something he worked on/wrote.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

really fun interview. I wish it was longer. His solo album(s) concept is pretty whacky, but I can't wait to hear it. It wasn't supposed to happen so at least it exists. Great attitude as a musician too. You can tell he worked hard to get to where he's at, it's not just his incredible talent. The definition of a professional musician and he was respectful but honest.

I think Axl was lucky to have Josh in Gn'R for 2 years. Very curious about those 2 or 3 unreleased Gn'R tunes that he came up with. I remember he said in a different interview that the tunes he came up with were on the AAA Gn'R list. (they had an A/AA/AAA list to put a quality label on the material)

encouraging that he seems to like these tunes. If another Guns album will see the light of day, it will be cool to ask Josh if he recognizes any of the tunes as something he worked on/wrote.

I have not listened to the interview yet, but I wonder if these tunes were only instrumentals, and if so, if they were in the Village leaks.

8 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

For those who don't have the time to listen. Views/subscriptions on YouTube are still encouraged :) 

I heard someone on here say you don’t ask enough GNR rebated questions, but there is always cool and unusual bits of information from these podcasts. If you compiled all the cool and unheard information you have gleamed from your guests about GNR I would more than say you’re doing great adding to the repository of GNR knowledge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1