June 28, 1987 - correct set list

Everywhere you look, the set list for the June 28, 1987 Marquee show, have Knocking on Heavens Door played twice after Paradise City. But when you listen to the bootlegs, at the end of Paradise City, Slash says “we’re going to play Knocking On Heaven’s Door again because you weren’t loud enough”

so what’s the correct set list? Obviously Knocking had to be played before Paradise

7 hours ago, Neider said:

I think this is the correct one. KOHD was played twice, although in the bootlegs it is only once and is the same as in the Appetite deluxe from three years ago.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1987/marquee-club-london-england-2bd65032.html

But at the end of paradise, Slash gets on the mic and says “they are going to do heavens doors again because the crowd wasn’t loud enough the first time. 

I had a discussion a few years ago with a fellow poster who was very switched on with this and it seems that the ‘talking’ you hear has been cut and moved around. There was a tape purchased in 2020 by someone of the gig (a collector) and the setlist of the tape cover has it as Paradise, KOHD, Rosie, KOHD.

Certainly seems like the discussions in between have been moved about (and you can actually hear bits that sound out of place where a cut has been made). Why? Who knows!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, DTJ80 said:

I had a discussion a few years ago with a fellow poster who was very switched on with this and it seems that the ‘talking’ you hear has been cut and moved around. There was a tape purchased in 2020 by someone of the gig (a collector) and the setlist of the tape cover has it as Paradise, KOHD, Rosie, KOHD.

Certainly seems like the discussions in between have been moved about (and you can actually hear bits that sound out of place where a cut has been made). Why? Who knows!

Thank you, this makes sense. I was listening to the show the other night and it was driving me crazy thinking I had the audio tracks out of order. But, when looking at all set list you can google, none ever showed KOHD before Paradise and thus the confusion