Fill In Tour Musicians (sorum & Axl mentions)

Really interesting article and only appropriate it mentions Axl stepping in for AC/DC.

Seriously has there ever been a more box-office substitute than Axl Rose and stepping in for such a legendary band? Sometimes I can’t believe I actually got to see it with my own eyes!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Really interesting article and only appropriate it mentions Axl stepping in for AC/DC.

Seriously has there ever been a more box-office substitute than Axl Rose and stepping in for such a legendary band? Sometimes I can’t believe I actually got to see it with my own eyes!

Well, Gillan joined Black Sabbath but I guess it is different as he became a permanent member.

21 hours ago, Rayno said:

Well, Gillan joined Black Sabbath but I guess it is different as he became a permanent member.

Right I mean if we're counting Gillan, then you have to include Dio, Brian Johnson, Sammy Hagar, Ronnie Wood... that's a much bigger universe of "fill-ins"

23 hours ago, Rayno said:

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Right I mean if we're counting Gillan, then you have to include Dio, Brian Johnson, Sammy Hagar, Ronnie Wood... that's a much bigger universe of "fill-ins"

Well yeah but in terms of someone already established as one of the greatest-of-all-time in one band and fronting another that is considered as one of the greatest-of-all-time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Didn’t Rob Halford do a couple shows with Sabbath? That would be much more of a “fill-in” than Gillan 

Yep, you're right. Completely forgot about that.

"In November 1992, BLACK SABBATH played two concerts with Halford on vocals as the support act for Ozzy Osbourne on the last shows for Osbourne's "No More Tours" tour in Costa Mesa, California. Rob sang for SABBATH after Dio, who was the band's vocalist at the time, refused to take the stage."

Wondering if the audience had to listen some Sabbath songs twice during the night.