GNR wanted to cover Motley Crues "Stick To Your Guns"

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why does anybody like Motley Crue (?) music....

Axl and Slash obviously do, and infact Axl is on record saying that Tommy Lees piano part on Home Sweet Home inspired him while writing November Rain, he loved it that much

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 1/7/2022 at 9:22 AM, DurhamGirl said:

Why does anybody like Motley Crue (?) music....

They have some cool tunes honestly, I think that if GNR were leagues ahead of the generic 80s hair bands Motley were sort of in between.  A lot of that is the fact that I always found Mick Mars' guitar work much more tastefully done and unlike other 80s bands he uses the whammy bar, pink harmonic, "flashy" cliche things much more wisely

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl and Slash obviously do, and infact Axl is on record saying that Tommy Lees piano part on Home Sweet Home inspired him while writing November Rain, he loved it that much

Wasn't Axl working on November Rain since the early 80's? It might have given him further inspiration but there was probably some form of November Rain around by 1985.

Can't say I've ever listened to a full Motley Crue album but they do have good songs. Guns N Roses are just better, especially in the singing department.

Edited by mystery

9 hours ago, mystery said:

Wasn't Axl working on November Rain since the early 80's? It might have given him further inspiration but there was probably some form of November Rain around by 1985.

I don't think he got very far in terms of developing it by then, like even once Slash joined the band it was changing again, they had a really different acoustic version in 1986 compared to what it ended up being in the end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mystery said:

Can't say I've ever listened to a full Motley Crue album but they do have good songs. Guns N Roses are just better, especially in the singing department.

There's really only one album worth checking out IMO, but it's an incredible one (Dr. Feelgood).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There's really only one album worth checking out IMO, but it's an incredible one (Dr. Feelgood).

That album is what got Metallica to hire Bob Rock to produce the Black Album as they liked the production on it. I've only ever listened to the singles off that one.