Chinese Democracy Vinyl Pressing Differences

9 minutes ago, Dean said:

I was anticipating this dropping on the anniversary, but delighted to finally see it! Will throw it on with a beer later.

I filmed this month's ago and didn't even think that I should have just waited a few more week til the anniversary......oh well, it's out now lol 

Tag for later. Thanks!

Just now, Coma16 said:

Cool video. Does YouTube/lable/metally unstable fans prevent you from doing short comparisons of the affected songs? Isn't like under 15 seconds acceptable?

15 seconds or under is "fair use" but I've had YouTube act against shorter samples on my content...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Cool video. Does YouTube/lable/metally unstable fans prevent you from doing short comparisons of the affected songs? Isn't like under 15 seconds acceptable?

Yep, all of those things play a factor unfortunately or I definitely would have done that. 

First and foremost, it comes down to the overall hassle of copyright law. You can use audio clips under the Fair Use law but even that is a huge hassle that's just not worth it :/

EDIT- sorry, I just read your last part. No, that's a common misconception about copyright law. 1 second isn't allowed, let alone 15 seconds. I went into the podcast and YouTube channel thinking you can use a certain amount and you definitely cannot :(

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

19 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

I got the US, EU, KOR, JPN and Brazilian pressings and can easily say the Brazilian is the best.

Are they bootlegs or legit? I was always of the belief that there were only EU and US pressings that would’ve been dispatched to worldwide sellers.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, all of those things play a factor unfortunately or I definitely would have done that. 

First and foremost, it comes down to the overall hassle of copyright law. You can use audio clips under the Fair Use law but even that is a huge hassle that's just not worth it :/

EDIT- sorry, I just read your last part. No, that's a common misconception about copyright law. 1 second isn't allowed, let alone 15 seconds. I went into the podcast and YouTube channel thinking you can use a certain amount and you definitely cannot :(

I dont understand why you can't use clips when there's all of those music channels that use "copyrighted" clips of songs ... 

48 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I dont understand why you can't use clips when there's all of those music channels that use "copyrighted" clips of songs ... 

There's a ton of "if this, then that" to it. Many channels that use clips or full songs could be doing a couple of different things. 1) they could just not care and if/when they get caught, they don't care if their channel disappears. 2) they might have time (or energy) to fight/argue ever single copyright claim that comes in. 

For me, between producing a podcast episode every week and two YouTube videos every week on vinyl, I just don't have the time to fight over copyrights for every single time I might wanna use clips. So I just leave it out altogether. The podcast has grown to be extremely popular and the YouTube channel is growing just fine without it, so I'm fine with the trade off. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Dug the video, thanks for sharing.

Is the Moonwalker cabinet yours?  Loved the Smooth Criminal special powers, stages, and outfits on that LOL

Thanks for watching, I'm glad you dug it. 

Yep, the videos are all shot in my house, so everything you see is stuff I've acquired over a long period of time. There's a lot more to see in other videos on the channel. If you have any interest, take a look around at some other videos :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There's a ton of "if this, then that" to it. Many channels that use clips or full songs could be doing a couple of different things. 1) they could just not care and if/when they get caught, they don't care if their channel disappears. 2) they might have time (or energy) to fight/argue ever single copyright claim that comes in. 

For me, between producing a podcast episode every week and two YouTube videos every week on vinyl, I just don't have the time to fight over copyrights for every single time I might wanna use clips. So I just leave it out altogether. The podcast has grown to be extremely popular and the YouTube channel is growing just fine without it, so I'm fine with the trade off. 

It just sucks though ..

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

It just sucks though ..

Oh, I totally agree! I'm out here being a passionate sales person for music and I (along with many other poeple) are handcuffed by record label execs who don't understand modern technology.

Like I said though, we've pushed through it and I'm very happy we're having success despite that issue :)

Dude, I've never listened to any podcast or YT video of similar nature (believe it or not), but I do like this stuff of yours - especially considering we're both PF fans, and btw, I'm just listening to the My Top 5 PF Songs. I'm about to discover what your favourite song is. :) 

Edited by jamillos
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Dude, I've never listened to any podcast or YT video of similar nature (believe it or not), but I do like this stuff of yours - especially considering we're both PF fans, and btw, I'm just listening to the My Top 5 PF Songs. I'm about to discover what your favourite song is. :) 

Thanks :) I'm very proud of all the work I've put into the YouTube channel and all the work the 3 of us have put into the podcast, so I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, estrangedtwat said:

That's interesting that you managed to secure several pressings that don't exist.

I hoard them :D

It so funny that Chin Dem vinyl go around 100 gbp nowadays, it was 1 usd all over only 5-6 years ago :D 

On 11/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, Dean said:

Are they bootlegs or legit? I was always of the belief that there were only EU and US pressings that would’ve been dispatched to worldwide sellers.

just random bullshit mate, they dont exist in any form.

• ABSUЯD 1