New ABBA album „Voyage“

SAU3R

Anybody listened to the new ABBA album already? What are your thoughts?

I just listened to it for the first time, I think it’s quite strong, they still can write awesome songs that sound like ABBA. There’s obviously also a lot of nostalgia to it, but Björn and Benny still produce some genius moments. My only complaint is, that some songs sound unfinished for example When You Danced With Me and Bumblebee. 

Best moments: I Still Have Faith In You (fucking epic!), When You Danced With Me and Don’t Shut Me Down, Just A Notion

Low Point: Little Things, can’t hold up to the rest of the album 

• Like 1

I'm a bit torn apart.

"Don't Shut Me Down" and "I Still Have Faith In You" were really strong songs - but no other song on the album can compete with them.

"When You Danced With Me" and "Keep an Eye on Dan" are also bangers, I like them.

"Just a Notion" is such a bummer. I love the instrumentals, but the repetitive lyrics kind of ruin it for me. (That's why I hate "Xanadu" by Olivia Newton-John with a passion)

"Ode to Freedom" is a nice finale.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it for the most part. No doubt that there are some weaker moments, but most albums are the same these days! Fun fact, this was the very first ABBA album I've listened to from front to back. I grew up with the hits playing, but it was always compilation albums that were around the house. I really enjoy Don't Shut Me Down, it pretty much defines the ideology I had of ABBA as a youngster and holds up well upon comparison against their other stuff IMO!

• Like 1