Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - "The Future"

Gordon Comstock

It only came out yesterday, but it's a contender for album of the year IMO. I know there's a few other fans on here - what do you think of it? I'd say it's better than Tearing At The Seams. The only song I don't really like is Oh, I... but the title track, Love Don't, Face Down In The Moment, So Put Out, Something Ain't Right are highlights. It's a consistently good album.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have no idea how I missed this. Gonna need to run out and pick it up soon. 

I got an email the other day that vinyl isn't shipping til the 15th, I don't know if that's just the gold variant that I ordered though, or if there was also a delay with the regular black vinyl.

This is becoming my favourite song on the album...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I got an email the other day that vinyl isn't shipping til the 15th, I don't know if that's just the gold variant that I ordered though, or if there was also a delay with the regular black vinyl.

This is becoming my favourite song on the album...

Just picked the LP up. Can't wait to spin it tonight. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice. Gold variant or regular black? My copy should be here next week, looking forward to spinning it. :devilshades:

It says "limited edition black ice" but really they mean "transparent black". Either way, it's on the platter as I type this. I'm digging it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It says "limited edition black ice" but really they mean "transparent black". Either way, it's on the platter as I type this. I'm digging it. 

Oh cool, I didn't know there was a "black ice" version, I've only seen a couple clear variants and the gold one that was sold on Nathaniel's site. Is it a retailer-exclusive?

What did you think of this album compared to the previous ones?

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Oh cool, I didn't know there was a "black ice" version, I've only seen a couple clear variants and the gold one that was sold on Nathaniel's site. Is it a retailer-exclusive?

What did you think of this album compared to the previous ones?

This was the "whatever they had at my local record store" edition LOL. 

I dig it. I think I wasn't expecting it to be as laid back as it is, but I dig it. I'm a sucker for lo-fi, so they got me with that to begin with it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This was the "whatever they had at my local record store" edition LOL. 

I dig it. I think I wasn't expecting it to be as laid back as it is, but I dig it. I'm a sucker for lo-fi, so they got me with that to begin with it. 

Fair enough lol. There's one from I think Target that's a transparent silver, but the album cover is also silver and I thought it looked like a bootleg :lol:

It's a pretty chill record. I like lo-fi depending on the songs, and it worked well on this album.