Jump to content

UCR: Izzy Stradlin Has "Tons" of Unreleased Music (Updated: New clip of a previously unheard song shared)


willl

Recommended Posts

New interview with Rick Richards, guitarist for Georgia Satellites and Izzy's lead guitarist going all the way back to the Ju Ju Hounds days :)

Quote

Guitarist Rick Richards, a longtime collaborator with Izzy Stradlin, says that the former Guns N’ Roses musician has “tons” of unreleased material that fans haven’t heard yet.

Richards originally came to prominence as a member of Georgia Satellites. In 1990, singer-songwriter Dan Baird departed the group, leaving Richards in a state of flux. Stradlin quickly enlisted the six-stringer to join his new endeavor, Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. The collaboration between the pair has flourished ever since.

Richards detailed his relationship with Stradlin in an exclusive conversation with UCR....

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rick-richards-izzy-stradlin-2021/

Quite rare for Rick to talk about his work with Izzy, check out his interview above. He's also going to be on the Appetite For Distortion podcast with @Gambit83 soon (already recorded just not released yet).

 

Edited by willl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Izzy was really prolific in the 90's/00's, I really hope we haven't seen the last of him in terms of releasing new albums. If he's got so much to work with, it'd be great for some of it to see the light of day. That said, he's probably really happy at just doing his own thing and picking up his guitar to jam whenever the mood suits and not having to worry about the rigorous touring he once endured.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dean said:

Izzy was really prolific in the 90's/00's, I really hope we haven't seen the last of him in terms of releasing new albums. If he's got so much to work with, it'd be great for some of it to see the light of day. That said, he's probably really happy at just doing his own thing and picking up his guitar to jam whenever the mood suits and not having to worry about the rigorous touring he once endured.

I've got two guys in mind who could turn his music into gold.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • willl changed the title to UCR: Izzy Stradlin Has "Tons" of Unreleased Music

The full clip of the previously unheard Izzy song has been shared by Tomoko  :headbang:

We think it might be an unreleased Ju Ju Hounds songs called "Motivated" based on the lyrics:

"Try'na get me motivated,
living within constant fear,
yeh yeh yeh yeh,
serenitys been killin me,
I will not be so humble,
yeh yeh yeh yeh,
think Im gonna pack a bag and disappear into sunset,
maybe I will see you later ..........??.......... call you....
da na na na....
"

 

Edited by willl
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • willl changed the title to UCR: Izzy Stradlin Has "Tons" of Unreleased Music (Updated: New clip of a previously unheard song shared)
13 minutes ago, King_Johnny said:

Nice.

On first listen I thought it was "Try'na get me motivated, livin' when I'm constipated", so glad to realise I was mistaken :lol:

Edit: actually, I hear it as "living with the constant pain" rather than "living within constant fear". 

I thought it was constipated at first too 😆 It's only my attempt at transcribing so it's probably wrong lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, willl said:

The full clip of the previously unheard Izzy song has been shared by Tomoko  :headbang:

We think it might be an unreleased Ju Ju Hounds songs called "Motivated" based on the lyrics:

"Try'na get me motivated,
living within constant fear,
yeh yeh yeh yeh,
serenitys been killin me,
I will not be so humble,
yeh yeh yeh yeh,
think Im gonna pack a bag and disappear into sunset,
maybe I will see you later ..........??.......... call you....
da na na na....
"

 

Dead Horse vibes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, King_Johnny said:

Nice.

On first listen I thought it was "Try'na get me motivated, livin' when I'm constipated", so glad to realise I was mistaken :lol:

 

That takes the term "writer's block" to a whole new meaning :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...