Live And Let Die- live recording help

Just been watching a rerun of an old episode of Top Of The Pops (for those out of the UK- it was a popular chart music show- sadly missed!) and they had an 'exclusive' Live And Let Die- live video. 

Incredible recording- Axl in kilt, Sorum on drums, Izzy on guitar. Slash in a Ferrari t-shirt. 

Anyone know where it could be taken from? Looked to be an open air stadium. It's certainly not a clip I remember seeing before.....but I could simply have forgotten! 

Anyone know? 

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Yeah, it's Wembley 91. I remember Axl asking several times 'if it was time yet' to someone side of stage. We had no idea that it was gonna be shown live. I also remember Axl muttering about 'that's real professional people' in a very sarcastic tone just after. Probably my favourite show, my ears were ringing and lost my voice after the show :headbang:

I was at the Wembley show too. Axl also at the end of the concert said something along the lines of "thank you for that video you helped us make" One of the best days of my life. My back hurt for a couple of days after that as was right at the front and there was a slight ramp that you had to try and stay on whilst getting shoved around. Perfect Crime as the opener was killer!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

I was at the Wembley show too. Axl also at the end of the concert said something along the lines of "thank you for that video you helped us make" One of the best days of my life. My back hurt for a couple of days after that as was right at the front and there was a slight ramp that you had to try and stay on whilst getting shoved around. Perfect Crime as the opener was killer!

Yes he did say that! I had forgotten. I do remember NIN getting booed though :lol:

It was great to hear the UYI stuff before the albums came out too.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, janrichmond said:

Yes he did say that! I had forgotten. I do remember NIN getting booed though :lol:

It was great to hear the UYI stuff before the albums came out too.

I was too trashed on Lowenbrau when NIN were on, all I remember was singing head like a hole. Was in better shape by the time Skid Row took to the stage "get the fuck out" and Seb reading that letter out was epic. 

Was great to hear the UYI songs albeit a bit confused when Izzy sang 14 years. 92 was a good show too with Brian May coming on for 2 songs. Good times

Edited by waxl1974
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

I was too trashed on Lowenbrau when NIN were on, all I remember was singing head like a hole. Was in better shape by the time Skid Row took to the stage "get the fuck out" and Seb reading that letter out was epic. 

Was great to hear the UYI songs albeit a bit confused when Izzy sang 14 years. 92 was a good show too with Brian May coming on for 2 songs. Good times

I remember the letter (from the council I believe) and yeah everyone cheered :lol:

'92 was good too but '91 and '93 were the best imo.

One of the better things about being older is we got to see some cool bands in their prime

• Like 3