Guns N’ Roses to play Rock In Rio ‘22

8 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Another vocal disaster incoming but at least we'll have another high quality pro-shot. Let's pray that by that time they have released more singles (re-worked versions of Perhaps or Atlas or and unheard one?) and an album of course but that's asking too much.

Surely at least one of the RIRs will be good…..the last two have been very bad but maybe we will get lucky and this one will be a good one vocally. Fingers crossed anyways. 🤣

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You guys seem to be quite positive that the '22 shows (of any band) are gonna go ahead as planned. There are many letters left in the Greek alphabet, you know. 

All in good faith, good sir!

Time will tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Glastonbury is unlikely because they pay less than everyone else and Axl isn’t doing it for the love.

Even so, Glastonbury has a midnight curfew and Axl would love that. More so than those London stadiums in June/July where it’s barely dark for Nightrain.

Yep. I can't see them ever doing Glastonbury for that reason alone. They have to appeal to the good will of bands to do it, and that is sometimes quite hard in the best of circumstances.....but do any of us really think there's much 'good will' going on with GNR these days? 

Cold hard filthy lucre. That's the name of the game.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I do like the thought of Guns at Glastonbury - they’d be able to squeeze that in before the Ireland show. I’d most likely make the effort for that show too.

You'd have had to make the effort about a year ago! Glastonbury tickets sell out instantly so are long gone. Most of them were rollovers from last year anyway. 

Just had a look at the schedule anyway and they could do only do the Sunday if they did back to backs with a show in France, which is very unlikely. I'm pretty sure it's virtually confirmed that Paul McCartney is doing the Sunday night this year. A grim fate for the posh hippies! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. I can't see them ever doing Glastonbury for that reason alone. They have to appeal to the good will of bands to do it, and that is sometimes quite hard in the best of circumstances.....but do any of us really think there's much 'good will' going on with GNR these days? 

Cold hard filthy lucre. That's the name of the game.

Nice ring to it….would make a good new album title 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1