New SMKC single Fill My World

metallex78

46 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, SMKC just isn't for me anymore... They sound very tired.. Up until somewhat recently I would have thought I was insane if I said I didn't have an interest in buying a new Slash album or an EP of "New GnR music" he is on..

I like Hard Skool a lot but I agree it’s a shame how it’s made with Slash and Duff just pasted on. In a perfect world Axl would have put out CD2  and then they’d write an all new record. It’d probably suck, though

i like CD so I’m fine with one last leftovers album, but I get why it isn’t ideal for a lot of fans

I wish the song was structured differently. the solo sounds like a one take here you go type of thing. goes nowhere but builds and then stops

If the solo was at the end and he went back a few times and just let something rip it would have been massive I bet.

7/10 leaves you wanting more and thinking slash held back. its catchy. I hated it yesterday and been in my head all of today. I like the intro alot but then gets repetitive and boring by the end of it

2 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I wish the song was structured differently. the solo sounds like a one take here you go type of thing. goes nowhere but builds and then stops

If the solo was at the end and he went back a few times and just let something rip it would have been massive I bet.

7/10 leaves you wanting more and thinking slash held back. its catchy. I hated it yesterday and been in my head all of today. I like the intro alot but then gets repetitive and boring by the end of it

I like the palmed/muted part before the bridge too....I might be in the minority

22 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

All my previous complaints about the mix/production still apply though.

I don't know what those complaints are, but it sounds tired. Myles vocals sounds like he's disinterested in the song..... I know my opinion is poorly worded, but the song has got no passion/energy, the songs not alive. Hope this makes sense

19 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

but the song has got no passion/energy, the songs not alive. Hope this makes sense

Part of that is because of the production. One thing that I don't like about this song is that the solo overdub sounds much louder and isolated from the rest of the mix, then they're doing some weird reverb effect on the 2nd half of the solo. 

8 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Does anyone actually remember any of these songs five minutes after hearing them?  This sounds like it belongs on a School of Rock Rock Guitar 101 compilation.

Yes I remember, I woke up this morning with FMW in my head.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pugachev said:

I've always enjoyed Slash's ballads, I think he's at his best with these kinds of songs. I hope this isn't the only ballad on the album.

It's not even a proper ballad :D But there is one on that album.

135k views (707k subscribers), not bad compared to HS lyric video - 187k (9,58M subscribers), released on the same day.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It's not even a proper ballad :D But there is one on that album.

135k views (707k subscribers), not bad compared to HS lyric video - 187k (9,58M subscribers), released on the same day.

I think it's a typical Slash style ballad ala Back and Forth Again, Back to the Moment, Starlight, Battleground, etc

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

You sure, you ain't got Alzheimer's?

Well, look, I mean, I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast, ya know, so....could be!

Been a fan for over three decades, so, I'm gonna check everything out that these guys do regardless.  Doesn't mean I'm a heretic if I don't love it all, though.

This new one hasn't been a favorite so far.  I find the two singles to be pretty stock.

Just one opinion.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Well, look, I mean, I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast, ya know, so....could be!

Been a fan for over three decades, so, I'm gonna check everything out that these guys do regardless.  Doesn't mean I'm a heretic if I don't love it all, though.

This new one hasn't been a favorite so far.  I find the two singles to be pretty stock.

Just one opinion.

Which is cool. Nobody force you to like anything. But if you have read the threads in this section you would have notice that a lot of people like what they hear. 

So if you make fun of SMKC's then you have to expect an answer. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 6:58 AM, oneway23 said:

Does anyone actually remember any of these songs five minutes after hearing them?  This sounds like it belongs on a School of Rock Rock Guitar 101 compilation.

I have been hearing both songs almost daily, even at work I find myself singing the melody in my head. I went to my local guitar center and they played the song at least 3 times in the hour I was there. So yes, people are digging it. I see it as gateway song that can introduce people to rock/metal. 

For comparisons, I have not heard Absurd or Hard Skool anywhere. 

• Like 1