Hard Skool lyric video dropping tomorrow morning

I've shat out better turds.

But seriously, why? Lyric videos are shitty to begin with, but who in their right mind said, "Hey, let's drop this lyric video on a random day in December! GNFNRssss!"

I can't really comprehend it. I kinda wish this was an elaborate joke and we were getting the real album, with real songs, next Friday or some shit.

2 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Nice Job releasing this in the wake of the Michigan school shooting :facepalm:

Huh? Why?  Because "skool" is in the title and lyrics and the band's name has "guns" in it along with the logo?  Should they have cancelled the concert in Orlando 2 weeks after the Pulse Nightclub shooting?

Based on the comments here I was expecting something terrible. It's really not bad for a lyric video. It's miles better than the original Hard Skool video, if you can even call it a video.

If there's not going to be a real music video for this song, this is the next best thing I guess.

I get that people are frustrated, but at the end of the day this is better than nothing. We've had a lot of nothing from GnR and I wasn't expecting to hear anything from GNR this year. So this is a positive surprise for me.

• Like 3

I don't understand why would a mainstream band want to release a lyric video for a song released two-three months ago, but... uhm... here we are. It's a nice video. I don't dislike it. It is what it is. A low-effort thing. A cool supplement for the new Slash song, I guess...

Edited by jekylhyde

Glad we've finally got a lyric video even if it is months after the initial release! 

Hopefully this is the start of a proper media blitz for the EP (honestly sad that the EP misses the Christmas sales period)

As for the video itself... not impressed. Photos are cycled through way too fast.

Also generally not  fan of the plasticky CGI put out by that CreativeWorks team, no idea why they keep using them. 

Positives from this is it seems GNR and their team understand that they will have to play the media game to get the song higher on the charts.  

• Haha 1