Hard Skool lyric video dropping tomorrow morning

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

The lyrics move too fast. It's actually a really shit lyrics video. :lol:@this band.

5 hours ago, KURT19 said:

It gave me motion sickness.

How stupid.

Yes— It’s really quite jarring and totally disorienting in parts.

Although I’ve seen plenty of other bands do the same with these overly busy motion graphic lyric videos.

Disappointing that the lyrics (in the lyric video) are obnoxiously illegible, but the rest of it is fine. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I will take "low effort way to promote a months old release" for 500, Alex.  I am just glad they at least performed the song live before ending the last leg of the tour, but man promotion and GNR are like oil and water ever since Axl resurfaced in 2001

• Like 1

This was so weird, I saw it being promoted during the game on Monday night ..I think.. and just assumed it was a proper music video. I've only got around to watching it now. 

It's hilarious it's just a lyric video... that said, it's a pretty good one.. but NFL promotion for a lyric video? 😂 more money than sense 

For a new band just coming out of their basement with their first demo this would be an alright little "video" clip.

For a multi million dollar rock and roll hall of fame legacy act this is the pantheon of decay and decadence.

Time to go home.

Edited by adamsapple
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, prairieboy said:

In an attempt to say positive things…. Ummm… I still really like the song… and the Garden of Eden is no longer the GNR video I like the least…?

#positivity?

What! You should be banned from this forum for all eternity. The Garden of Eden video is awesome, one of my favourite GnR vids, and a great song too !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

What! You should be banned from this forum for all eternity. The Garden of Eden video is awesome, one of my favourite GnR vids, and a great song too !

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t say The Garden of Eden video sucked, I mean how can anyone ever think such a thing? It’s just my second least favorite GnR visual masterpiece. I mean cinematography alone…. Drool!!!

To this day, I feel that we were all robbed when they decided to not release the sequel to The Garden of Eden video - My World. 

But hey, until the epic My World video hopefully one day leaks, we have The Garden of Eden and the Hard Skool lyric video to tide us over, and I’m ok with that 😉

Edited by prairieboy
  • Like 1

When I saw Guns in Seattle 2016, I was pretty close to the stage, and my instant reaction on seeing Axl was he looked he was on a lot of medication. It was almost like a different guy up there a huge edge has been taken off him. (I saw GnR in 92, 06, 10 & 12) His eyes looked glazed and he seemed not present behind his eyes. 

I don’t know if I’m right, but I think he’s on too much shit to care. I don’t think that edge or creative thing is present while he’s on medication. 

I don’t know if I’m right, but I can definitely tell you something changed beyond age and the reunion.... 

If this is how he gets through his days in a place he feels better, that’s more important than a band. 

I have zero evidence other than my own eyes, previous references, and intuition. None of which make an opinion, it’s just something that really struck me in Seattle. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

When I saw Guns in Seattle 2016, I was pretty close to the stage, and my instant reaction on seeing Axl was he looked he was on a lot of medication. It was almost like a different guy up there a huge edge has been taken off him. (I saw GnR in 92, 06, 10 & 12) His eyes looked glazed and he seemed not present behind his eyes. 

I don’t know if I’m right, but I think he’s on too much shit to care. I don’t think that edge or creative thing is present while he’s on medication. 

I don’t know if I’m right, but I can definitely tell you something changed beyond age and the reunion.... 

If this is how he gets through his days in a place he feels better, that’s more important than a band. 

I have zero evidence other than my own eyes, previous references, and intuition. None of which make an opinion, it’s just something that really struck me in Seattle. 

Something is wrong, really wrong.