UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There's good news for anyone who was crestfallen when the 30th anniversary of Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion albums came and went without any announcement of a deluxe reissue: Slash says a belated box set should arrive this summer.

"It got delayed by the pandemic but it is coming out, I think this summer," Slash said during an interview with Biff Bam Pop! editor-in-chief Andy Burns. "There's a bunch of cool live stuff on it, a couple shows. The Ritz from the early ‘90s and a show that we did in Las Vegas back in 1989, I think it was. And it’s actually the show that I met my ex-wife at."

He appeared to be referencing a May 16, 1991 show at the Ritz, the third and final secret warm-up gig before Guns N' Roses embarked on their massive Use Your Illusion Tour. Axl Rose famously broke his foot after taking a flying leap off a speaker while performing "You Could Be Mine," for which the band was recording a music video. 

Slash may have gotten his Vegas dates slightly mixed up, though: He met his ex-wife, Perla Ferrar, backstage after a Vegas show in 1992, not 1989.

Read More: Slash Says 'Use Your Illusion' Box Is Coming This Summer | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-your-illusion-box-set/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash said in the interview it was the show he first met Perla, so that would be Vegas Jan. 25, 1992.

👍

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

I just take it as another sign the record label is only interested in the milking the back catalog.

To be honest - there is so little material I really REALLY hope they milk every last drop. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fernandoGNR said:

So we'll finally be able to hear the original not overdubbed performances of Nightrain, Rocket Queen and Paradise City from Live Era 87-93, which are from Las Vegas 92. Cool!

That is pretty awesome actually! I have always wondered what that version of RQ sounds like unaltered, with Axl's original vocals as well as the rhythm guitar recording intact

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash said in the interview it was the show he first met Perla, so that would be Vegas Jan. 25, 1992.

Actually no, I think he’s referring to Meegan, which may well have been 1989

Edit. No, you’re right, it was Perla

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1

Things I’m hoping for:

A properly mixed/mastered version of Ain’t Goin’ Down

Alternate mixes of the songs recorded during the Illusions sessions that ended up on the Spaghetti Incident, but with Izzy’s original guitar tracks intact instead of Gilby’s overdubs. I’m not sure which Spaghetti Incident songs were recorded during the Illusions sessions and originally had Izzy playing on them, but I’ve always heard it’s at least a few songs

Edited by nevergotochurch
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Do we know if the live shows are just audio or video too??

*also, does anyone have the Vegas 92 setlist?  Setlistfm only shows a few songs.. I hope they cut they cut the drum solos out!!

No no! No cut. Complete show. Uncut since the intro until the end. 

You just press fowards button.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY
opening act: Raging Slab
set: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, Paradise City, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, You Could Be Mine, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], My Michelle, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]
notes: The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

From gnrontour

That fkn setlist man..... damn!!!! I cant wait for this now!!!

• Like 2

Pretty great news and I'm glad they've decided to acknowledge the UYI era which I'm sure a lot of people are nostalgic for. I wonder if they'll play more songs from that era next year.

Also it might be a year late but it kind of fits since 1992 was right in the heart of that era 

• Like 1