RIP Ron Anderson, Vocal coach to the stars including Axl Rose.

2 hours ago, Pele said:

It depends what the goal was really.

If, like you suggested, it was to ensure Rose completed the tour without losing his voice, then yes I suppose.

Other than that, apart from ACDC, he surely was horrified in what he was hearing onstage.

Horrified? Ron Anderson sounds like he was proud of Axl and I’ve never heard him say much of anything about Axl at all, which speaks volumes to his professionalism. I doubt any vocal coach would be horrified by what Axl Rose sings. 

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ron Anderson on Axl, interview from 2019 (for those who haven't read it):

Fast-forward a few months later, and Anderson is talking to MusicRadar about his Voixtek website and app – which offers the same kind of wisdom that turned Kennedy into one of rock’s most recognisable singers to users around the world. It’s arguably the most technically and scientifically insightful vocal tuition source in existence.

“I’ve worked with so many people,” smiles Anderson, chatting via Skype video. “But I have to say Axl Rose’s voice is amazing, truly one of a kind. I’ve changed hundreds of singers in terms of tone and technique over the years, though he definitely tops the list. I was there for a lot of the classic Guns N’ Roses years and tours, which was pretty wild!”

The renowned vocal coach is joined by Dr Juan Pérez who added his own anatomically insightful observations to Anderson’s findings over decades of vocal instruction to some of the biggest stars in the world, from Ozzy Osbourne, Seal and Alicia Keys to Tom Cruise.

“There is just no-one else like Axl,” agrees Pérez, noting how the Guns N’ Roses frontman combined a number of Ron’s techniques into his own inimitable style. Together the pair explain the story behind Voixtek and how new technology is aiding them in offering unparalleled tuition to those in seek of it.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/vocal-coach-to-the-stars-ron-anderson-and-dr-juan-perez-tell-the-story-behind-voixtex-their-groundbreaking-mobile-and-vr-singing-training-system

Thank you. I never read this before. I knew he would not be horrified. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

Horrified? Ron Anderson sounds like he was proud of Axl and I’ve never heard him say much of anything about Axl at all, which speaks volumes to his professionalism. I doubt any vocal coach would be horrified by what Axl Rose sings. 

What, you think he sounds good now?

10 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I do. I dont do comparative Axl’s. He stage presence is still undeniable. He still sings with emotion and a heartfeltness. I value those aspects of his performance. 

Please.  He sings like Micky Mouse after completing a marathon.  With as much emotion as a rich, middle aged man on anti-depressants.

I bet Rose turned up to his vocal coaching sessions about as much times as he turned up to the recording studio.

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Please.  He sings like Micky Mouse after completing a marathon.  With as much emotion as a rich, middle aged man on anti-depressants.

I bet Rose turned up to his vocal coaching sessions about as much times as he turned up to the recording studio.

Damn bro. Ok. You do you.