Appetite For London (photobook by Justin Thomas)

54 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

My lovely girlfriend surprised me today with this very cool photo book by British photographer Justin Thomas.

I didn't know this had been released so I literally flipped out in happiness when I saw it. Thomas happened to take pictures of GNR 4 times between 87 and 92 and this is a black and white collection of the best pics from then.

Specifically, the shows are Marquee 1987 (one of the first two shows, it's not specified which one), Hammersmith 1987, the Freddie Mercury Tribute, and Wembley 1992.

Some of the pics, especially the ones from 1992, are quite famous, while some others are definitely less seen around. Personally, I had never seen many of the Marquee ones before.

There's no text in it except for one page with Justin Thomas sharing memories about the four shows he took pics at. 

The size is more or less A5 and it's 36 pages printed on thick glossy paper.

I need to marry this girl. :lol:

a9KBTfA.jpg

zge3GAS.jpg

WOW! To have a pro-shot Marquee concert is maybe number 5 in my life's wish list!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinaleblood said:

My lovely girlfriend surprised me today with this very cool photo book by British photographer Justin Thomas.

I didn't know this had been released so I literally flipped out in happiness when I saw it. Thomas happened to take pictures of GNR 4 times between 87 and 92 and this is a black and white collection of the best pics from then.

Specifically, the shows are Marquee 1987 (one of the first two shows, it's not specified which one), Hammersmith 1987, the Freddie Mercury Tribute, and Wembley 1992.

Some of the pics, especially the ones from 1992, are quite famous, while some others are definitely less seen around. Personally, I had never seen many of the Marquee ones before.

There's no text in it except for one page with Justin Thomas sharing memories about the four shows he took pics at. 

The size is more or less A5 and it's 36 pages printed on thick glossy paper.

I need to marry this girl. :lol:

a9KBTfA.jpg

zge3GAS.jpg

:lol:👍

• Like 1