Richard Fortus interview (St. Louis Public Radio)

Exactly as expected.

There is no album but he can't say that - so gives vague nothing answers, which some of you will use as some sort of 'proof' that an album is imminent.

But Richard said "some of it was face to face before pandemic....." etc 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I nominate "Um… I do not know and I’m… yeah, that’s not something that I can…"  to join the great pantheon of great GN'R phrases. 

It's really up there with "I don't know if soon is the word" and "to aviod any" 

And "all things considered"

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I nominate "Um… I do not know and I’m… yeah, that’s not something that I can…"  to join the great pantheon of great GN'R phrases. 

It's really up there with "I don't know if soon is the word" and "to aviod any" 

1) "I don't know if soon is the word"

2) "Okay, nevermind!"

3) "Um...I don't know and I'm......yeah......"

4) "Now we believe even more."

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Pretty funny that Fortus clearly thinks he's being asked about an album and not the EP. 

He confirmed the album and that work was going on for it during the pandemic entirely by misunderstanding the question. Thanks Richard😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sure I've said this before, but Fortus is really in a no-win situation with these interviews. 

He has never been and will never be the guy who breaks GN'R news. That's not a knock on Richard, that's just a fact. No one but Axl knows what might happen as far as GN'R releases go and I bet Axl doesn't really have any idea. 

So if you're Fortus, you can either do these interviews and answer the same questions the same way, or just not do them at all. If he does them, he at least keeps his name out there and gets to plug something of his own occasionally. If he turns them down, he doesn't even get those small benefits.

• Like 2

I actually think the awkwardness comes out of the fact that the interviewer seems to think there’s an album, when it’s only 2 new cuts that have already been released. Fortus isn’t sure how to answer the questions considering the interviewer isn’t quite sure what he’s asking.

There is a noticeable difference in Richard's interviews before and after the reunion. Before the reunion he would give some answers (which, of course were vague most of the time, like "we've been working on it," "I think something will come out," etc.) so that he would say something. Now he's probably not allowed to even say something vague (same with Frank, Dizzy and Melissa) and, as a result, he "answered" the way he did in this interview when he thought he was being asked about something he couldn't talk about.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is a noticeable difference in Richard's interviews before and after the reunion. Before the reunion he would give some answers (which, of course were vague most of the time, like "we've been working on it," "I think something will come out," etc.) so that he would say something. Now he's probably not allowed to even say something vague (same with Frank, Dizzy and Melissa) and, as a result, he "answered" the way he did in this interview when he thought he was being asked about something he couldn't talk about.

I agree.

I bet that even though Slash has already said it, if Richard was asked in an interview about how Hardskool and Absurd were recorded he wouldn't give you a detailed answer. 

Unreleased and unannounced material, fine I get that you're under the rules of the boss... But released material should be talked about if there's a question. Axl is just making the rest of the band look like bad by gagging them to this extent. 

Richard should just say out front "GNR material will be ready when Axl says it's ready, whenever and however that may be... Not saying anything more about GNR beyond touring that we have previously done" cut the BS and avoid any awkward questions. He looks like a moron in one sentence saying "my band" and in the next saying "I don't have the authority to say things about GNR".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

why do an i when u wont say anything,  hope they kick him out, and get izzy back soon somehow

1. If Izzy wanted to be in GNR he'd be in GNR right now

2. If Axl/Slash/Duff wanted Izzy in GNR, he'd be in GNR right now.

3. Richard isn't going anywhere, he's got the golden ticket and is drinking from the chocolate fountain until it runs dry. And IF they did fire him, they would likely hire someone like Frank Sidoris who is MUCH cheaper than Izzy and can know his role and not have any "I should be equal" qualms. Not arguing that Izzy shouldn't be paid equal to Slash and Duff either, just saying his presence costs a lot more than a non original member.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

1. If Izzy wanted to be in GNR he'd be in GNR right now

2. If Axl/Slash/Duff wanted Izzy in GNR, he'd be in GNR right now.

3. Richard isn't going anywhere, he's got the golden ticket and is drinking from the chocolate fountain until it runs dry. And IF they did fire him, they would likely hire someone like Frank Sidoris who is MUCH cheaper than Izzy and can know his role and not have any "I should be equal" qualms. Not arguing that Izzy shouldn't be paid equal to Slash and Duff either, just saying his presence costs a lot more than a non original member.

no

I don't know of any GNR fan that wouldn't want Izzy back in place of Fortus. But from the perspective of Fortus what do you want him to say? If Axl isn't talking about a new album,then Fortus sure won't be. Guy has made (presumably) a very good living in GNR for two decades. I doubt he's gonna rock the boat to make some hardcore nerd fans happy. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Great response, thoughtful and to the point.

My response.

No.

I ainno an accountant or business advisor(think they dont have it, or got a moron for that) to gnr , I am a fan, I dont care about how much they make, I want GNR. This is not GNR. THey should get Izzy and Steven back, fortus got nothing to give/create and frank cant play.