Appetite for Distortion - 2021 Year n' Review with Doug Goldstein | Ep. 322

2 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Interesting to have his feedback especially on TB and the Australian funds... Thanks for that! I may have missed it but Doug doesnt know anything about the supposed UYI boxset I guess. Or couldnt say anything...

Didn't ask about the boxset, I'd guess he wouldn't know.

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

The thing that shocked me was Doug commenting that Axl did not enjoy one minute of the Illusions tour....if so then why did he do it I wonder.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, women, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Same reason I would do it. :P

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

The thing that shocked me was Doug commenting that Axl did not enjoy one minute of the Illusions tour....if so then why did he do it I wonder.

According to Axl, he did it because canceling the tour (which he claims was booked by Niven) would have big legal consequences, because Slash really wanted to tour, and because staying in LA was dangerous to Slash. 

More here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4990-12-january-july-1991-touring-mayhem#19443

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

any Izzy mention or if sees Izzy joining the band down the line?

creativly they seem to be really going nowhere without him

That if they're having trouble creatively, they should get him.

10 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

He'll go into detail in the book. Much like my podcast, his book will have a mental health component to it. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, DurhamGirl said:

absurd parties after every show, everything blown out of proportion, sold out stadiums, cash flow, Axl clearly seemed to enjoy every second of it while it last, his ego growing bigger than Empire state building when it ended

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

absurd parties after every show, everything blown out of proportion, sold out stadiums, cash flow, Axl clearly seemed to enjoy every second of it while it last, his ego growing bigger than Empire state building when it ended

Just a reaction to circumstances beyond control.  I don't envy Doug dealing with that.

Doug did credit TB with getting Slash and Duff back in the band.  I'm pretty sure that was all Axl.  Didn't somebody from TB say they were surprised when Axl asked them to get Slash's number for him?

• Like 2

Hang on, I might have a Doug's wife story.  They were some where, maybe in Europe, maybe Rome.  Something happen, not quite a riot but the GNR women go running.  Security tries to slow them down asking if one of the guys is with them.  Doug's wife rips open her shirt and says "do I look like a man"?  :lol:  Might have been around the water gun fight time.

Sorry, been a while since I was told that story.

4 hours ago, cineater said:

Hang on, I might have a Doug's wife story.  They were some where, maybe in Europe, maybe Rome.  Something happen, not quite a riot but the GNR women go running.  Security tries to slow them down asking if one of the guys is with them.  Doug's wife rips open her shirt and says "do I look like a man"?  :lol:  Might have been around the water gun fight time.

Sorry, been a while since I was told that story.

“Never heard about it, but fits her.” - Doug 

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:46 PM, DurhamGirl said:

I think that’s hugely revisionist. Axl wanted to tour the albums and to make GNR the biggest band in the world. 

• Like 2