predictions for 2022

On 12/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, megaguns1982 said:

I see what you’re saying but seriously, how much money is enough? Surely they’ve all made enough to last several lifetimes and take care of their people.

it’s certainly not about the art at this point.

Yeah it’s definitely not about the art at this point. And yeah I agree, they should all have enough money to see a few generations through. But I guess for some it’s never enough. 

I've never heard Ain't Goin Down so that would actually be a new GNR song for me if they do release it :D

Was it ever released on a bootleg or something? I thought it was only available on the GNR pinball machine so never thought of looking for an mp3 for some reason. Think it's the only GNR song I've never heard so hope it's a banger :lol:

48 minutes ago, willl said:

I've never heard Ain't Goin Down so that would actually be a new GNR song for me if they do release it :D

Was it ever released on a bootleg or something? I thought it was only available on the GNR pinball machine so never thought of looking for an mp3 for some reason. Think it's the only GNR song I've never heard so hope it's a banger :lol:

It's a typical UYI I type rocker with a good Slash solo. I've no idea why they didn't include it, maybe time limit on the CDs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Only Guns N’ Roses would have two songs that share most of the same name (Ain’t Going Down, Going Down)

and NEITHER of them have been formally released 

:axl:

(Yes I know AGD was released on the pinball machine and appetite deluxe kinda, it doesn’t count as a proper release)

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Only Guns N’ Roses would have two songs that share most of the same name (Ain’t Going Down, Going Down)

and NEITHER of them have been formally released 

:axl:

(Yes I know AGD was released on the pinball machine and appetite deluxe kinda, it doesn’t count as a proper release)

That version on the AFD boxset is a total waste of time in my opinion. I always skip it.

21 hours ago, willl said:

Since you never heard it, I would hold out a little longer to see if it’s released on the box set. It’ll be more exciting for you. 

it’s a good song and I guess it reminds me of Don’t Damn Me for some reason. And neither song sounds the same

21 hours ago, willl said:

They played it live in 1986, there's a recording from the same show where they debuted SCOM.

It was also on the "Axl's Advance Copy" bootleg in the early 90s, which has some cool stuff on it.

It's ok... some cool Slash parts but it's in the same tier as Shotgun Blues IMO.

• Like 1

Made a joke prediction before but serious prediction is touring much the same as last year. Same look, mostly same songs but I think they perform a rarity or two along with an unreleased CD song and maybe a brand new song. Also think they release an EP containing a new song but no full album.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Made a joke prediction before but serious prediction is touring much the same as last year. Same look, mostly same songs but I think they perform a rarity or two along with an unreleased CD song and maybe a brand new song. Also think they release an EP containing a new song but no full album.

Slash confirmed that no "brand new" songs exist back in October.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, betterman said:

Aint goin down and crash diet have to be released on the UYI box set, maybe a song from the sessions not previously known to any of us (would be great!)

A new EP later in the year with Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and the General 

Crash diet has nothing to do with UYI. Also Axl is the only GNR member who is on it, and I'm pretty sure he sold the rights to that song in the 90s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash confirmed that no "brand new" songs exist back in October.

Lolol. This current band has been together over 5 years now and they haven't recorded a single new song. They did have time though to work on 20 year old songs. That doesn't mean they can't release a new song next year but it's highly doubtful.

23 minutes ago, mystery said:

Lolol. This current band has been together over 5 years now and they haven't recorded a single new song. They did have time though to work on 20 year old songs. That doesn't mean they can't release a new song next year but it's highly doubtful.

It's hard to discern where GNR is at from the questions that get asked during the interviews.  We don't know what's in those contracts and I don't think any one is going to tell us.  I would assume Duff and Slash demanded more of a say but maybe not.  I can tell you the group that was involved in CD had no idea what was in that alternative booklet until they saw it backstage and were being asked to autograph it.  Takes time to get an autograph when they want to look through the booklet.  :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mystery said:

Axl has said he goes through periods of writers block, like for a significant period in the 90s. It would appear this bout of writers block has been going on since at least 2007 though, so it might be permanent this time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mystery said:

Axl might be done creatively TBH. He spent so much time and energy on these unreleased songs I guess he wants them finished before he ever writes something new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl has said he goes through periods of writers block, like for a significant period in the 90s. It would appear this bout of writers block has been going on since at least 2007 though, so it might be permanent this time.

It's never gone for good.  Comes back in a flood and such a relief when it does, from my experience any way.  Neil Young said in his book he had not been able to write anything since he quit smoking pot.  I noticed in his last documentary he was smoking again.  Wasn't impressed with the results but he looked happy and it was Neil Young.