New content on Official YouTube Channel

Apologies if this is old news but the Official Guns N Roses YouTube channel has new audio videos added of old concerts and interviews with Slash. 

The titles are:

Guns N Roses recordings November Rain - 12 songs

Nothing Lasts Forever - 20 songs

The Ritz Feb 88 - 11 songs

Tales of Destruction - 21 interviews

Almost 88 - 15 songs

Deer Creek 91 - 21 songs

Perkins Place - 16 songs

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band or management has not been happy about people selling bootlegs. I like this approach to fighting it. Make it available. 

It’s cool if that’s what they’re doing.

It might also make sense of some of the takedowns over the last few years. If it’s all been to control it and have it available on their channel kudos to them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

It’s cool if that’s what they’re doing.

It might also make sense of some of the takedowns over the last few years. If it’s all been to control it and have it available on their channel kudos to them. 

Management has claimed they have not been responsible for the takedowns (let's not restart that discussion, @RussTCB:lol:), but they haven't necessarily gone out of their way to stop the takedowns, either, and this could help explain why. 

• Like 1

Even though I don’t buy the theory that all those insane takedowns were done because of these few bootlegs, it’s nice that they’ve put out at least something. But it’s been there for some time, if I’m not mistaken. Would have been wise if they mentioned something on the web, too. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Even though I don’t buy the theory that all those insane takedowns were done because of these few bootlegs, it’s nice that they’ve put out at least something. But it’s been there for some time, if I’m not mistaken. Would have been wise if they mentioned something on the web, too. 

Wise & GNR have historically not been great bedfellows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, this content (or most of it) has been there for a while and it has been pointed out a few times before, but it's not been added by the band.

These are sourced from the bootleg labels and auto generated by youtube; youtube's algorithm adds them to the "Guns N' Roses topic," so they appear as if they're in the official channel.

Ah. Well, I was going to add to my post earlier that I was a bit surprised they would add live shows from the UYI period before the box set; would make more sense to publish them after the box set is out next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, this content (or most of it) has been there for a while and it has been pointed out a few times before, but it's not been added by the band.

These are sourced from the bootleg labels and auto generated by youtube; youtube's algorithm adds them to the "Guns N' Roses topic," so they appear as if they're in the official channel.

I always thought it was weird they'd choose Noblesville 91 out of all the possible shows. I love the voice, but wouldn't expect this to be their choice.

Anyway, isn't that ironic? All the bootlegs taken down - and now...

And isn't it ironic, don't you think?
It's like raaaiiiaaiiin on your wedding day

Oh wait

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I always thought it was weird they'd chose Noblesville 91 out of all the possible shows. I love the voice, but wouldn't expect this to be their choice.

Anyway, isn't that ironic? All the booklets taken down - and now...

And isn't it ironic, don't you think?
It's like raaaiiiaaiiin on your wedding day

Oh wait

Well, it's not now. These bootlegs have been out there forever, on youtube (and on the channel), too. Since they're released by bootleg labels, they're kind of semi-official - at least youtube considers them legal and officially licensed from these labels*, so they are not taken down. GnR doesn't seem to have gone after these label released bootlegs either. On the other hand, if you or I upload them they will be taken down by UMG. * Edit: these particular bootlegs are radio broadcasts, so it's likely that the bootleg labels own the recordings.

Anyway, there's been much worse than GnR in this respect:

https://consequence.net/2021/12/eric-clapton-sues-woman-selling-bootleg-live-recording/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Management has claimed they have not been responsible for the takedowns (let's not restart that discussion, @RussTCB:lol:), but they haven't necessarily gone out of their way to stop the takedowns, either, and this could help explain why. 

Everyone knows who is behind the takedowns.

And it highlights what an utter shitshow TB is.

A banned member is doing it.  The mom gave permission, the son denies it.  That about covers it.

39 minutes ago, Pele said:

Edited by Pele

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, it's not now. These bootlegs have been out there forever, on youtube (and on the channel), too. Since they're released by bootleg labels, they're kind of semi-official - at least youtube considers them legal and officially licensed from these labels*, so they are not taken down. GnR doesn't seem to have gone after these label released bootlegs either. On the other hand, if you or I upload them they will be taken down by UMG. * Edit: these particular bootlegs are radio broadcasts, so it's likely that the bootleg labels own the recordings.

Anyway, there's been much worse than GnR in this respect:

https://consequence.net/2021/12/eric-clapton-sues-woman-selling-bootleg-live-recording/

I think it's also quite likely some of them have fallen into the public domain- you tend to see some of these 'bootlegs' on different labels even in high street stores, which makes me think there's no obstacle to their manufacture or sale. 

Either way, as you say, it's nothing new. The quality of the CDs though is usually very high, so probably worth picking up cheaply, in my opinion, for anyone who might be interested. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's also quite likely some of them have fallen into the public domain- you tend to see some of these 'bootlegs' on different labels even in high street stores, which makes me think there's no obstacle to their manufacture or sale. 

Either way, as you say, it's nothing new. The quality of the CDs though is usually very high, so probably worth picking up cheaply, in my opinion, for anyone who might be interested. 

I can highly recommend the Zodiac labels version of Ritz 88. Very good packaging etc.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is that one edited at all? 

From memory yes….the usual dips in vocals when there is swearing but at this point I’m absolutely used to that. It was just a decent package - printed covers for the CD/DVD - and a decent cover too. Too many bootlegs have horrific covers!

This is the one I have: -

https://www.discjapan.com/product/guns-n-roses-ritz-1988-definitive-edition-3rd-edition1dvd1cd1bonus-single-dvdrzodiac-110/

Looks like a newer version is available: -

https://www.discjapan.com/product/guns-n-roses-ritz-1988-definitive-edition-2020-remaster-1cd1dvd-zodiac-428/

• Like 1