Last time GNR has played...

I gotta say I didn't know Anything Goes was played in 1988, I always thought 1987 in Canada was the last show, that live performance stuck with me because it is really awesome where Axl lets out that massive scream at the end, too bad it got removed from YT.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

For both versions, it's the same song. And the last time was played was in 2021.

8 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Didn't Axl say he doesn't like Anything Goes? Reason enough for it to have been permanently dropped from shows 

Exactly.

Shocking to see the last time for Street Of Dreams.

If The World was the first song from Chinese Democracy to be dropped from the setlist. Only months after the tour started!! Crazy to think on that (Yes, we all know that DJ can't play Riad). IRS suffers the same luck months after. 

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy

1 hour ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

For both versions, it's the same song. And the last time was played was in 2021.

Exactly.

Shocking to see the last time for Street Of Dreams.

If The World was the first song from Chinese Democracy to be dropped from the setlist. Only months after the tour started!! Crazy to think on that (Yes, we all know that DJ can't play Riad). IRS suffers the same luck months after. 

If The World & IRS are arguably the most intense songs to sing from ChiDem which is my theory as to why they were dropped early but it's still shocking to see just how early they were dropped especially If The World

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

It sucks that Ode to Dodoria or Shotgun Blues never have been played live on stage. 

Now you're saying that some song that seems to be a Dragon Ball fanfiction song is a lost GN'R song?

There's been a lot of strange posts here recently but this one sure takes the price! 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Amazing to see Shackler's Revenge lasted until 2014! 

It sucks that Ode to Dodoria or Shotgun Blues never have been played live on stage. 

My World in 1993 surely would have been amazing.

I think Shackler’s vanished after 2011 and then only came back for a couple of shows in 2014. It wasn’t played at all in 2012 and 2013, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Amazing to see Shackler's Revenge lasted until 2014! 

My World in 1993 surely would have been amazing.

What’s Ode to Dodoria? Forgot to ask that before.

5 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Axl’s vocal intro before You’re Crazy at the 9-17-1988 show in Irving, TX. Only played once to my knowledge

Is that the same Drift Away that was made famous by Dobie Gray?

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

What’s Ode to Dodoria? Forgot to ask that before.

Rumored to be an early 1999-2000 ish demo.

Here are some of the lyrics:

"You have a pink soul, a pink skin.

Pink spikes.

Hey, honey, can you look me in the eyes?"

-

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is that the same Drift Away that was made famous by Dobie Gray?

Yes, played a couple of times in 1988.

23 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Shackler’s vanished after 2011 and then only came back for a couple of shows in 2014. It wasn’t played at all in 2012 and 2013, if I recall correctly.

Yes, a total waste of chance, right? I always have believed that If The World was played in 2014 or so... I was wrong.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, mystery said:

Street of Dreams is top 3 in my favorite songs from that album so it sucks it's been dropped. A bunch of those Chinese Democracy songs are probably hard to sing, can't imagine Scraped ever coming back.

Yes, it's not even on the alternate setlist.

-

We all know who's the not guilty person here: Fernando.

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, rocknroll41 said:

they were still doing it regular in 2012 and then again in 2014. Too hard for Axl's voice since then i think, like IRS

• Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

New Song for upcoming pink panther soundtrack confirmed!!!!!

No, in fact I believe it's a song called Ode to Dodoria.

dodoria.png

This is Dodoria.

It seems like a kids cartoon character.

Pretty uneven if you ask me.

-

20 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

they were still doing it regular in 2012 and then again in 2014. Too hard for Axl's voice since then i think, like IRS

I don't know if that qualifies as "a regular" song.

-

I hope to see Think About You in the setlist again!

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

No, in fact I believe it's a song called Ode to Dodoria.

dodoria.png

This is Dodoria.

It seems like a kids cartoon character.

Pretty uneven if you ask me.

-

I don't know if that qualifies as "a regular" song.

-

I hope to see Think About You in the setlist again!

That's a bad guy from Dragonball Z... years since I watched it, but the artwork looks about right. Would be hilarious if Axl was home writing songs about Dragonball Z while everyone is hoping he's writing Estranged 2🤣

• Haha 3

On 1/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Yes, 2019 seems so far away.

I can't believe he never have played Don't Damn Me.

Yeah, I understand not wanting to play it because of the fast-paced vocals, but they've played Garden of Eden and other songs, so it's not a real excuse. 😂

On 1/6/2022 at 5:10 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Didn't Axl say he doesn't like Anything Goes? Reason enough for it to have been permanently dropped from shows 

I suspect that's because its such an old, Hollywood Rose song, of a bygone era, a bit like Back Off Bitch. Also the chorus sucks, makes it sound like the kind of cheesy glam stuff they were trying to be different to. 

17 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I suspect that's because its such an old, Hollywood Rose song, of a bygone era, a bit like Back Off Bitch. Also the chorus sucks, makes it sound like the kind of cheesy glam stuff they were trying to be different to. 

Lyrics aside, the song is a hard rocker and that solo is great