Slash interview (Classic Rock): More re-recorded CD leftovers are coming (no details)

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, I don't actually disagree with him on that bit.

Actually, that was the only part of my post that wasn't a direct quote from Pele :lol: I felt I needed a quote where he referred to Axl as "Rose" so I just tacked that on.

As for Axl being creatively bankrupt, quite possible. He's had periods where he wasn't able to write before, too. Hopefully it comes and goes.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

It's pretty obvious Slash is uncomfortable talking about this subject. This is not how Slash makes records, but I guess he thinks something is better than nothing. But he doesn't exactly sound overly-enthused by Axl's Frankenstein approach.

Yeah, well it's like usual after all: the chat isn't mainly about Guns, but they can't not ask him about it, and he has to say something, doesn't he. I wish there was a separate interview about that. 

Nice to hear, but didnt quite catch what he meant by more tracks are coming out but dont know if its a full album and in the next question he says its definetly a new GNR record coming. 

Does he mean that we will get new CD tracks for sure - album questionable?

There will be a new GNR album with new material!? 

• Like 1

I think this is positive. I also think that the fact they did Hard school & absurd is also positive. Just because it is material that has been knocking around for years does not make it bad. Look at AFD, illusions, they have songs that featured writing credits to people that were  not really featured in Guns. Slash & Duff obviously like the songs, and have gotten to add their parts. If they bring out the other CD albums with these guys added to it in the meantime, then I am all for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

Nice to hear, but didnt quite catch what he meant by more tracks are coming out but dont know if its a full album and in the next question he says its definetly a new GNR record coming. 

Does he mean that we will get new CD tracks for sure - album questionable?

There will be a new GNR album with new material!? 

It's open for interpretation, unfortunately. But the important thing to me, is this:

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash: Yeah! There’s new Guns material coming out as we speak

This could mean that we don't have to wait long until the next song is released. At least, that's how I interpret "as we speak."

Then there's this:

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid.

So he outlines releasing individual songs until they have enough for an album. No, sorry about that, not an album, the album. That's a pretty committing way of saying it. It isn't a record, it is the record. But there's a "probably" in there which could mean they will probably keep releasing singles, or that they will probably keep doing it until they have an album's worth of songs. Maybe both :lol: So he is deliberately a bit vague on what will happen further down the line, which is only natural.

My interpretation is that we will get more new music in not too long and that the band at least intends to release enough to make up an album. It isn't exactly news, but it is good to have it confirmed again. What bother me a bit, is the "some more stuff". I would have preferred him saying, "lots more stuff", ;) but he cold just be talking about their immediate release plans.

OK, read it once more and its pretty clear that from Slashs perspective we will have a complete album somewhere down the road, hopefully this year and that most of the material is done. 

That again means at least 10 tracks (maybe 12-14 tracks), so I guess a lot of the album this time consists of instrumentals? :P (@pele)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1