Duff - Believe In Me - vinyl reissue coming

38 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

International shipping is 52$. Bunch of cunts.

That's just one dealer here in the US that I know of. I'm sure it'll be available elsewhere with cheaper shipping :)

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's been reissued a few times in recent years, so is fairly easily available. 

I liked this loads when it came out originally, so have fond memories of it but it's very much an 'of the time album'. It sounds pretty dated in places. 

I've never actually heard this album. I was thinking of blind buying it just for the hell of it. 

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I liked this loads when it came out originally, so have fond memories of it but it's very much an 'of the time album'. It sounds pretty dated in places. 

Same. The Album is kind of a nostalgia thing for me. Musically it's not the greatest and kinda outdated, but it's fun to listen to it once in a while. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's just one dealer here in the US that I know of. I'm sure it'll be available elsewhere with cheaper shipping :)

I've never actually heard this album. I was thinking of blind buying it just for the hell of it. 

The Jeff Beck collab is interesting. There’s a few moments. Duff is obviously not well and I think that comes through these songs. It would have been better with the Johnny Thunders cover 

I grabbed the music on vinyl release a few years back 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It’s by far the best solo album of any member. I still listen to it today. And if you’ve heard any other Duff solo album, they don’t compare. Believe in Me is miles ahead better than his other albums 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

It’s by far the best solo album of any member. I still listen to it today. And if you’ve heard any other Duff solo album, they don’t compare. Believe in Me is miles ahead better than his other albums 

It’s mostly a bloated drunken mess. Duff’s liner notes mention him coming up with lyrics on the spot in the studio.

Duff’s unreleased follow up Beautiful Disease is a much much better album.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metallex78 said:

It’s mostly a bloated drunken mess. Duff’s liner notes mention him coming up with lyrics on the spot in the studio.

Duff’s unreleased follow up Beautiful Disease is a much much better album.

Agree to disagree on that one. Beautiful Disease is a good album, I prefer the first. 

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Go for it man.. It obviously isn't a timeless classic but it a great capture of Duff at the time and how fucked up he was..   I also was very into oit when it came out but don't think all of the songs aged well . Still has some pretty solid ones too though.  Duff plays most of the instruments on the album as well if I recall.  It is 1000 times better than Tenderness lol..

I'll be picking up a copy. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 3

I enjoy Duff's work. They are usually fast and fun. Believe In Me is pretty good for a fun solo effort (I'm a late bloomer of rock music and only heard the album maybe 5 years ago). Only thing I'm not a fan of is that intro where he had a dream about a little girl. That was kinda cringe as fuck.

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/113038/Duff_McKagan-Believe_In_Me-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

I'm not overly familiar with this album or its history so I'm not sure how difficult it is to get in vinyl. 

Posting this in case anyone is interested. 

This is cool. Hopefully they get round to Its 5 O Clock Somewhere next - a nonsense that it’s not readily available.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Same. The Album is kind of a nostalgia thing for me. Musically it's not the greatest and kinda outdated, but it's fun to listen to it once in a while. 

Yeah, this sums it up well. I was so stoked on getting this on vinyl a couple of years back but when I listened to it I was like "Ok, this is merely a thing to complete the collection".

Tenderness is a masterpiece. What a great album this is. Could listen to it every day still.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I got It's 5'oclock Somewhere on red vinyl last year, it's a bootleg with low-res artwork but it sounds pretty good. Rollin' Records is where I got it from.

Funnily enough I went looking online after my post and saw that very one but was put off by the fact that it appears to have Ain’t It Grand era photos in it (I’m like - if that’s the attention to detail then…..) but if your saying it’s good sound then I might make that splash. 👍

In these days of a vinyl resurgence it boggles my mind that this and many other GNR/side band vinyls are out of print. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Fuck that, give us Beautiful Disease! :P

Believe in me is a great album, got it back in 93, when it was released.

Not a masterpiece, but very interesting with all the guests (GN'R guys, Jeff Beck, Lenny Kravitz, Skid Row members..)

Edited by izzyjim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

That’s the album that Duff was scheduled to tour here in Australia in when his pancreas exploded or whatever and it got cancelled.

Actually, that wasn’t the reason the tour was canceled. Not that was given anyway. I was sad that the tour was canceled as I’d missed seeing GN’R in 1993, and this was kind of a chance to see some of that sleazy rock.

Anyway, I remember the excuse given for the tour cancellation was an ear infection or something like that.