Duff - Believe In Me - vinyl reissue coming

Got it the day it was released. Loved it, Belive in me, 10 years..., it was also the second GNR solo album after Gilby's Pawn shop. Art work is good.not sure what I would think today, probably liked Snakpit's better,

...in all honesty, all albums should available in some quantity, it is a piece of heritage. Such a shame ppl can't buy Snakepit, Neurotic outsiders...

9 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Got it the day it was released. Loved it, Belive in me, 10 years..., it was also the second GNR solo album after Gilby's Pawn shop. Art work is good.not sure what I would think today, probably liked Snakpit's better,

...in all honesty, all albums should available in some quantity, it is a piece of heritage. Such a shame ppl can't buy Snakepit, Neurotic outsiders...

Neurotic Outsiders needs to be on vinyl. Such an amazing and underrated album. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

On 1/12/2022 at 2:08 AM, ryanf23 said:

It’s by far the best solo album of any member. I still listen to it today. And if you’ve heard any other Duff solo album, they don’t compare. Believe in Me is miles ahead better than his other albums 

Have you heard "ain't life grand"?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Have you heard "ain't life grand"?

I actually LOVE that album and I would say that on a given day I could prefer that one. Rod Jackson was an amazing singer. So yes, have heard it, probably 100 times lol. Great album, I still love Duff’s first album. 

most consistent of solo albums would be Izzy. Not a bad one in the bunch. There are a few Duff and Slash albums I’m not a huge fan of. But like all things gnr related, even the not so good is still pretty good :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

I actually LOVE that album and I would say that on a given day I could prefer that one. Rod Jackson was an amazing singer. So yes, have heard it, probably 100 times lol. Great album, I still love Duff’s first album. 

most consistent of solo albums would be Izzy. Not a bad one in the bunch. There are a few Duff and Slash albums I’m not a huge fan of. But like all things gnr related, even the not so good is still pretty good :)

Yeah, the second version of Snakepit was amazing. Too bad that it wasn't succesful enough for them to continue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homefuck said:

Yeah, the second version of Snakepit was amazing. Too bad that it wasn't succesful enough for them to continue.

Slash guitar tones always sounded good with the soulful voice like Rod’s. I was okay with 5’ o’clock but everything with Myles just seems basic 101 rock music to me without a lot of soul.  Rod Jackson doesn’t have much music outside his one with Slash, but there are a couple of albums, singles on iTunes that are worth checking out 

• Like 1

Hadn't listened to this for a while so I gave it another go.. 

The first song is ok for a couple of verses, but quickly loses momentum

Next songs are lyrically average, basically variations on "I saw you walkin baby" and "now I'm a mayyyyn" choruses shouted repeatedly

Then there's one with a garbled rant through a megaphone or something, about communism and "the taxman comin" (millionaire rock stars moaning about the taxman, hmm)

Punk rock song is instrumentally ok but still a lost opportunity really, as is most of the album

Wish I could give a better review, as I really like Duff and his contributions to GnR are massive, his bass playing and writing actually underestimated imo. Even the bassline on SCOM, I mean everyone talks about the Slash riff but it's the bassline that actually drives that song and is hummed along to. 

Edited by Nice Boy

15 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Hadn't listened to this for a while so I gave it another go.. 

The first song is ok for a couple of verses, but quickly loses momentum

Next songs are lyrically average, basically variations on "I saw you walkin baby" and "now I'm a mayyyyn" choruses shouted repeatedly

Then there's one with a garbled rant through a megaphone or something, about communism and "the taxman comin" (millionaire rock stars moaning about the taxman, hmm)

Punk rock song is instrumentally ok but still a lost opportunity really, as is most of the album

Wish I could give a better review, as I really like Duff and his contributions to GnR are massive, his bass playing and writing actually underestimated imo. Even the bassline on SCOM, I mean everyone talks about the Slash riff but it's the bassline that actually drives that song and is hummed along to. 

Duff also wrote the riff for Rocket Queen I think. He made great small contributions that massively helped make songs great, but writing whole songs he loses that greatness, I can't get into his stuff. Tenderness was so bad to me, I only liked 1 song from it. How To Be A Man with Izzy, that's a great song though (but again, help from GNR members).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Duff also wrote the riff for Rocket Queen I think. He made great small contributions that massively helped make songs great, but writing whole songs he loses that greatness, I can't get into his stuff. Tenderness was so bad to me, I only liked 1 song from it. How To Be A Man with Izzy, that's a great song though (but again, help from GNR members).

Tenderness was awful

• Like 2