Axl Rose Rape allegation - Supposedly victim speaks out on youtube

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Given the allegations/charges from Stephanie and Erin, and countless stories about the guy - it's fairly obvious his behavior towards women was highly questionable.

I've said before, there is a strong chance the #MeToo movement could strike at anytime, and aligning himself with left wing politics will not make him immune but possibly reduces the risk.

There's another story that was posted recently regarding him and a model that's really ugly. What works in Axl's favor is he keeps a low profile. He was very fortunate in the 90's that he disappeared publicly in 1994 when People magazine had that story regarding him and Erin/Stephanie. 

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's what I'm thinking, she's old now and life got boring for her, so she's digging into old shit now to try and get some attention and/or money.

I'd be really surprised if any allegation like that ever really can cancel Axl because he's one of rocks most notorious bad boy rockstars it's kind of a given and people always expected that such stuff was going on. She might be speaking the truth but coming out with this shit only 40 years later makes her claims and her intentions questionable at best.

No doubt. Axls an easy target because he has a sketchy past with women trying to take him down.

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's what I'm thinking, she's old now and life got boring for her, so she's digging into old shit now to try and get some attention and/or money.

I'd be really surprised if any allegation like that ever really can cancel Axl because he's one of rocks most notorious bad boy rockstars it's kind of a given and people always expected that such stuff was going on. She might be speaking the truth but coming out with this shit only 40 years later makes her claims and her intentions questionable at best.

Nobody expects Axl to have raped somebody. That's not the rock n roll bad boy. Regardless, the storyteller seems genuine but then you hear alternate sides of the story and you reconsider. I don't know, but it's possible so I'm not about to say she's just trying to cash in. Hopefully it has no truth to it and that's not because I like GNR. 

Gnr back in the day being told by them is pretty honest in what they were doing but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a protection bubble put around them when they were signed to a major label

Axl has been accused many times, and if it is true that he was sexually or otherwise abused any woman, there is  no excuse for him, no matter how shitty life he had. If  this woman wants to settle Axl for what she says he committed many years ago  and if someone wants to expose this type of behavior and punish the perpetrators, let's start with older generations of rock gods like jimmy page and others, cuz Axl is very easy target.

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Nobody expects Axl to have raped somebody. That's not the rock n roll bad boy. Regardless, the storyteller seems genuine but then you hear alternate sides of the story and you reconsider. I don't know, but it's possible so I'm not about to say she's just trying to cash in. Hopefully it has no truth to it and that's not because I like GNR. 

Gnr back in the day being told by them is pretty honest in what they were doing but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a protection bubble put around them when they were signed to a major label

I’m not saying people EXPECT it, just that it wouldn’t be surprising if it came out. The public realizes it doesn’t make sense to go after Rockstars or people like Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler etc would have long been canceled already. Axl was one of the most unpredictable volatile persons out there when he was young.

It is not something totally pulled out of thin air, both Erin and Stephanie ultimately left him because he was abusing them, it doesn’t have the same shocking effect that the metoo movement had behind it, no ones going „oh shit what“ all of a sudden.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Good for her for being persistent in putting her story out there.

I think what she wants from Axl and co is that they come clean about what happened. She's made it clear she doesn't want hush money. The statute of limitations has expired, so suing them for money isn't even an option. She could put out a book, but most likely it wouldn't sell enough to make her money. I think it's fairly safe to say that money isn't her primary motivator.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, Pele said:

Given the allegations/charges from Stephanie and Erin, and countless stories about the guy - it's fairly obvious his behavior towards women was highly questionable.

Obvious only if you believe one party over the other. But the fact is you'll never know who is and who isn't telling the truth about anything. Multiple people making claims also doesn't prove anything. Becoming a secondary, tertiary, etc. accuser makes it easier to create a lie that will be believed. Celebrities with money and fame are prime targets for this sort of thing.

None of the above means he or any other celeb didn't do what they were accused of. I fully acknowledge that point.

However to say it's "obvious" his behavior towards women was highly questionable is just not correct or factual at all. It remains nothing but hearsay. Hearsay to which you're choosing to subscribe .

10 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Good for her for being persistent in putting her story out there.

I think what she wants from Axl and co is that they come clean about what happened. She's made it clear she doesn't want hush money. The statute of limitations has expired, so suing them for money isn't even an option. She could put out a book, but most likely it wouldn't sell enough to make her money. I think it's fairly safe to say that money isn't her primary motivator.

There are other motivators besides money. Fame and/or attention, even negative, is often a big one.

One thing I've learned over the decades is that when someone invariably say it isn't about money -- it usually is.

And there are ways to squeeze money out something like this beyond lawsuits or a book.

We live in a day and age where people lie, cheat and steal like no other. I never try to rationalize the motivations or actions of the irrational. They always believe they have reason or justification.

I've seen people suffer from being falsely accused. It happens a lot more than the naive want to believe.

Now, people actually do awful $#1t too, no doubt. You just can never know w/o hard proof.

Good or bad, I tend to lean on the side of innocent until proven guilty. Somebody's word doesn't prove guilt. People can and do lie. Even those we believe we know all too well.

Burden of proof lies upon the accuser. If they don't have it, I choose to neither believe or disbelieve them. Instead their words forever remain merely an accusation that may or may not be true. I'll never know which it is.

Lastly, I'm not categorically saying that this accuser is for certain after something other than they have stated publicly. W/O proof, that is just another thing I'll never know. I'm just saying anything is possible.

Edited by thunderram
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thunderram said:

There are other motivators besides money. Fame and/or attention, even negative, is often a big one.

One thing I've learned over the decades is that when someone invariably say it isn't about money -- it usually is.

And there are ways to squeeze money out something like this beyond lawsuits or a book.

We live in a day and age where people lie, cheat and steal like no other. I never try to rationalize the motivations or actions of the irrational. They always believe they have reason or justification.

I've seen people suffer from being falsely accused. It happens a lot more than the naive want to believe.

Now, people actually do awful $#1t too, no doubt. You just can never know w/o hard proof.

Good or bad, I tend to lean on the side of innocent until proven guilty. Somebody's word doesn't prove guilt. People can and do lie. Even those we believe we know all too well.

Burden of proof lies upon the accuser. If they don't have it, I choose to neither believe or disbelieve them. Instead their words forever remain merely an accusation that may or may not be true. I'll never know which it is.

Views on YouTube can bring in money also. I don't know what the motivation is but I tend to be skeptical of allegations made in public decades after the effects allegedly happened.

• Like 2

False rape accusations do occur, but they are rare, and it would be highly unusual for a woman of her age and life situation to come out with a made-up story such as this, especially in absence of specific circumstances such as psychosis or a history of pathological lying. It's clear that people who know her believe her. She's not known as a person who would lie about something like this. She's not some random fan girl desperate to gain her idol's attention by any means possible. She's an actual person from the band's past, and she's married to another man, who also supports her in this. If she was unduly looking for attention I don't think she would have kept silent for as long as she did.

The fact that some fans still cling on to the idea that Gina, Sheila, Erin, Stephanie, and their witnesses, were also all lying frankly reeks of desperation. I guess all I can say to that is that just because something is theoretically possible doesn't mean it's likely. It would be nice if none of it was true, but I for one can't allow myself to believe that.

The funny thing is that Axl himself came very close to admitting that he had abused women in some of his old interviews. For a while it seemed like he was willing to accept some responsibility for what he had done. That's why I wouldn't rule it out entirely that he might come clean and apologize. It's probably not going to happen, though. I think in later years, after the break-up with Stephanie, the lawsuits, etc, he fell back to misogyny and any frail attempt at self-improvement in that department was aborted.

• Like 4