Jump to content

Appetite for Distortion - Mick Wall gets in the ring...


Recommended Posts

He quoted Axl as saying he hoped Slash got cancer. That’s a complete miss quote. If that gets click bait headlines it’s going to be unfortunate.
 

He didn’t seem to show Brando any respect.

 

What I find unbelievable is he seems to think he’s somehow equal to these multi million selling musicians..He’s completely deluded.  The factual inaccuracy’s in his books are inexcusable. The books aren’t fiction.

 

If management are keeping an eye on these I don’t think this one will go down well.

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He can do whatever he wants and write whatever he wants no doubt, but he says that his books aren’t for people who are fans of the bands he writes about.

What an odd selling point to explain if they’ve got incorrect information in them… :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

He quoted Axl as saying he hoped Slash got cancer. That’s a complete miss quote. If that gets click bait headlines it’s going to be unfortunate.
 

He didn’t seem to show Brando any respect.

 

What I find unbelievable is he seems to think he’s somehow equal to these multi million selling musicians..He’s completely deluded.  The factual inaccuracy’s in his books are inexcusable. The books aren’t fiction.

 

If management are keeping an eye on these I don’t think this one will go down well.

I felt he gave me all respect, why did it come off differently to you? If management does keep an eye on these, hopefully it displays again how I'd interview Fernando. Just a conversation to try to put someone in the best of light, and it's up to the fans to make the decision if they like the person or not.

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

He can do whatever he wants and write whatever he wants no doubt, but he says that his books aren’t for people who are fans of the bands he writes about.

What an odd selling point to explain if they’ve got incorrect information in them… :blink:

Yeah I don't necessarily agree with him there. I will try to get everything right as possible in Doug's book and will care if I don't.

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

@Gambit83 Did you clock the misquote re what Axl said about Slash? Would of loved you to challenge him.

I'll follow up with him about it next time for sure. I knew of the Axl/Slash cancer quote, but wasn't sure if he meant something else and just let him go. I have an interrupting problem as it is, so sometimes I just let things go :) But for sure next time I'll correct him and we'll go from there.

Edited by Gambit83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I'll follow up with him about it next time for sure. I knew of the Axl/Slash cancer quote, but wasn't sure if he meant something else and just let him go. I have an interrupting problem as it is, so sometimes I just let things go :) But for sure next time I'll correct him and we'll go from there.

If you are to correct him for all the inaccuracies and fiction in his Axl and GN'R biographies, you'll need a whole season of episodes :lol:

Anyway, I haven't watch the interview yet (I'll do it later tonight) and I know if this was addressed, but I'm curious: did he explain why he had blocked you on twitter?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If you are to correct him for all the inaccuracies and fiction in his Axl and GN'R biographies, you'll need a whole season of episodes :lol:

Anyway, I haven't watch the interview yet (I'll do it later tonight) and I know if this was addressed, but I'm curious: did he explain why he had blocked you on twitter?

Haha, I'm sure. But he did say he'll address any direct mistakes. The getting street names/places wrong, he seemed not to care as much.

And yes, he doesn't remember. Chances are it was when Art Tavana would tag me in convos blasting him and I got lumped in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I felt he gave me all respect, why did it come off differently to you? If management does keep an eye on these, hopefully it displays again how I'd interview Fernando. Just a conversation to try to put someone in the best of light, and it's up to the fans to make the decision if they like the person or not.

Yeah I don't necessarily agree with him there. I will try to get everything right as possible in Doug's book and will care if I don't.

I just thought he came across as an egotist. Didn’t listen & disregarded your admission about therapy with a joke about NYC.

 

As a fellow Brit he reminds me of the overly opinionated person in the pub who it’s best to just avoid. 
 

He really wound me up…can you tell. 😂

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

I just thought he came across as an egotist. Didn’t listen & disregarded your admission about therapy with a joke about NYC.

 

As a fellow Brit he reminds me of the overly opinionated person in the pub who it’s best to just avoid. 
 

He really wound me up…can you tell. 😂

Haha, no worries. His joke was funny and I'm glad he admitted finally going to therapy too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Maybe next time, whoever the author is,  a fan that has read the book can point out the flaws and submit questions ahead of time. Like when the interview is first announced  

I announced it on social media, usually do for my interviews. He'll be on again. 

39 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

With Micks attitude towards putting out factual information you can easily see why Axl hated him

and yeah, tbh those details, big or small, would bother me personally. But I'm not going to tell Mick how to feel, you know?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Gambit83 Mick Wall was by far the most blowhardy ego maniac you have ever had on the pod. How did you not burst out laughing when he was talking about how is mostly average and sometimes woefully inaccurate rock biopics are “literature” and should be treated with the utmost respect. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Arnuld said:

@Gambit83 Mick Wall was by far the most blowhardy ego maniac you have ever had on the pod. How did you not burst out laughing when he was talking about how is mostly average and sometimes woefully inaccurate rock biopics are “literature” and should be treated with the utmost respect. 

He was utterly deluded. I just get the sense he’s got quite a few psychological issues. 
 

What is Doug’s response? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Arnuld said:

@Gambit83 Mick Wall was by far the most blowhardy ego maniac you have ever had on the pod. How did you not burst out laughing when he was talking about how is mostly average and sometimes woefully inaccurate rock biopics are “literature” and should be treated with the utmost respect. 

Lots of thoughts went through my head, but honestly since he was nice to me on/off air, I'm not going to push a person that treats me well. Same in my real life. Might sound lame, but it's just how I operate. I just let you all make your opinions based on his answers and leave at that.

Plus tbh if I got to a level where booking GN'R guests didn't make me paranoid about being blacklisted, then I think I'd push back more on some interviews. Just want the guest to enjoy themselves, which hopefully translates to an enjoyable listen. 

4 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

He was utterly deluded. I just get the sense he’s got quite a few psychological issues. 
 

What is Doug’s response? 

Haven't gotten it yet. He's at the Chiefs game today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Arnuld said:

@Gambit83 Mick Wall was by far the most blowhardy ego maniac you have ever had on the pod. How did you not burst out laughing when he was talking about how is mostly average and sometimes woefully inaccurate rock biopics are “literature” and should be treated with the utmost respect. 

I own Mick's book on Axl (WAR I think it is called?) but don't think I ever read it, just skimmed it.  Is his book known for being wildly inaccurate or overtly dramatized?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The most interesting section of this interview and both interviewer and interviewee won't talk about it. Why mention Axls personal life if you're not going to talk about it? my guess is that Mick loves to be thought of as 'in the know'. I don't doubt Axl was in a dark spot in the 90s and throughout most of the making of Chinese though... I don't think you need to be an insider to work that out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I own Mick's book on Axl (WAR I think it is called?) but don't think I ever read it, just skimmed it.  Is his book known for being wildly inaccurate or overtly dramatized?

Don't read it. It's an opinion piece rather than a biography. His sources were old interviews from the 80s and 90s he had no new info, it's all from 'a source close to the band' and we all know anytime that's said it's almost always BS. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...