DJ said Bucket didn't fit GNR... pile on in 3. 2. 1

6 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I dont see it as trash talk. 2001/2002 looked like a complete circus and they came back looking great in 2006.

Looks are not everything. Buckethead is one hell of a player, so if he wore a table cloth poncho it shouldn't make any difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

giphy.gif

'nuff said ;)

Whether Tommy was just being sarcastic or not this will forever be one of my favourite GNR gifs ever. 

Also, is it just me or is Ashba talking a lot more lately? Feel it's been way too often recently he's been reminding us all that (in his view, which hey, could very well be true) he was supposed to be with GNR still. Doesn't he have his solo material to be running with? 

Edited by Gunner55
Thinking of DJ. Ranting.

3 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

I think that was BBF

From what ive gathered over the years, Stinson & Finck bullied both Bucket and BBF, and Fortus joined in on bullying BBF specifically. Really all of NuGNR’s history was just a bunch of boys competing for Daddy Axl’s attention.

3 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

I think that was BBF

Oops accidentally quoted you twice, sorry.

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Wasn't it reported that Buckethead got kind of bullied by other band members in the early 2000's or am I misremembering?

See above.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

I wanted to get in there and try to do whatever I could do to get justice, bring back that reckless rock and roll vibe of what Slash was all about and GUNS N' ROSES was all about.

I can’t be bothered to write a snarky comment about that. It’s just delusional BUT he definitely was trying to emulate Slash. That much is true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-says-buckethead-didnt-really-fit-guns-n-roses-he-took-the-coolness-out-of-the-band/

Bucket was whacky as hell, but you got used to him because he could play the material blindfolded! Dj on the other hand looked like a teen goth and struggled to accurately play a lot of the material. I'll take the chicken bucket any day. I do agree with DJ's 'GNR should be a dirty rock band' idea in general... but I think there's room for the more whacky stuff too, especially when you consider what Axl looked like during the Bucket years.

Bucket had a coop installed in the studio and played surrounded by actual chicken shit. It doesn't get much dirtier than that.

• Haha 4