New Guns N'Roses song in Terminator 7???

Been thinking a lot about how we can help spread the name of Guns N'Roses around more in the mainstream and think a song from the new album in the new Terminator film would be a great way of showcasing the material.

The last Terminator film made $261 million in 2019 and while it clearly wasn't on the level of previous films, the franchise is huge and Terminator 7 could be a return to form.

Obviously we all know there is a major connection between GN'R and Terminator, with You Could Be Mine featuring in the early 1990s.

There are currently no plans for a new Terminator but director James Cameron is said to be keen.

What are your thoughts on a song from the new album being in the new Terminator film? What new song should it be? How many times will go see the film in the cinema?

• Haha 1

Why do you think it's fans work to spread and help market GNR... one of the biggest rock bands in the world doesn't need any of our help with name recognition. Also, I'm sure they are fully aware that getting a song placed in a movie is great financially and great for exposure considering both Duff and Slash were in Velvet Revolver and loved a good bag of money for a average song.

Terminator 7 doesn't even exist, and even if it did the franchise is so hit and miss it would be risky to assume the quality of the movie is going to be a good enough vehicle for promoting your new song...

Finally, Terminator 2 was a long time ago, time to move on. If Terminator was trying to get a GNR song then they would have done it for the last movie when Arnold and Linda Hamilton were in the movie together... and then that would be unlikely, they'd probably have chosen a song from a current artist that is popular with a young audience instead.

23 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Wonder how much longer @downzy will let this guy shit all over this place with his lists and throwing homophobic slurs at users

?

I'm really serious for the first time. It's a thread about Terminator 7

So, what are you posting AGAIN about me?! This thread has nothing to do with me.

I don't want to post a screenshot about the PM's you're sending me EVERYDAY (I think it's against the rules to post PM's on public).

And I don't make any list since weeks ago. And I don't have nothing about your sexuality; it makes me so cringe that you're obsessed with A MAN you don't know (and sending PM's everyday). 

So, ok, perhaps, I'm a strange user. 

But child, you're freaker than anyone on here. Nobody is sending PM's... only you.

Everyday.

Get a life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't actually get why every time there's a whisper of a new Terminator film, GN'R is instantly linked. Why? Because they did a song for one film in the series?

It's a bit like saying Duran Duran (or pick any artist) is going to do the theme song for the next Bond film every time they bring one out. That doesn't happen, so I don't get why this does.

GN'R could do a song for literally any film/franchise/TV show out there, it doesn't have to be one it already did goodness knows how many years ago 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Wonder how much longer @downzy will let this guy shit all over this place with his lists and throwing homophobic slurs at users

He's right about you, you know. Every time he posts something, you're right there to complain about it.

The irony of you complaining that he's annoying and repetitive is pretty funny though... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1