Some kind of Hall of Fame News coming?

1 hour ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Interesting for the rock and roll hall of fame to post a picture featuring an asshole and Axl. 

It's interesting because it's the last official picture of the old Axl as most people knew him before he disappeared for 7 years publicly.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

It's interesting because it's the last official picture of the old Axl as most people knew him before he disappeared for 7 years publicly.

That’s true. Has Axl ever talked about why after this performance which I thought was actually very good, he as you say dropped off the radar ?

14 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

That’s true. Has Axl ever talked about why after this performance which I thought was actually very good, he as you say dropped off the radar ?

It's been discussed and documented a decent amount. He had lawsuits later that year from Stephanie Seymour and Erin Everly regarding domestic abuse so that was one reason to lay low. It also seemed like he really didn't know where to take Guns N' Roses after the UYI tour ended and eventually Slash, Duff, and Matt got tired of the standstill and left. I think he also needed a mental break since he was a target of music critics and he admitted that he suffered depression in those years, especially with his breakup with Stephanie Seymour.

This is also speculative but his hair was going by this time and I don't think he wanted to be seen in public much as a result. He had shorter hair and a beard for a few of those years in the mid-late 90's which made him unrecognizable even to fellow musicians, he also gained some weight as well. I'll always wonder about those years, the best we can get is more pictures to leak.

Edit: He also wasn't supposed to perform at this ceremony but I believe someone (Rod Stewart?) couldn't make it and Axl who was sitting at a table next to Bruce Springsteen went over to him and convinced him to perform Come Together.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, mystery said:

And then half of them didn't even recognize him anyway when they saw him at that 2001 NBA event. :lol:

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

And then half of them didn't even recognize him anyway when they saw him at that 2001 NBA event. :lol:

He had some weird thing going on there. Don't want to make this a thread on his looks but he was definitely trying to look younger during that time. Axl from 1996-98 from the pictures that are out there looked like he was trying to go incognito as well as looking more naturally aged. 

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I'm a big 76ers fan so I was heavily invested in that series so when Axl popped up I almost shit my pants lol 

Hearing he was a big Allen Iverson fan was so cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Could still be something else...

If it was anyone else other than GNR or Axl I would agree, but this is definitely just a photo they posted of famous rock starts for promo of the announcement of the 2022 inductees

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

In Loudwire article talk about it Axl and Bono photo, and about many rock fans complaining the nominee musics.  And a rock fan says in Twitter about it photo "Don't promote your shit with rock legends. If you're just going to induct minimally talented hacks from other genres or pop whores".

• Like 1