Aerosmith EU tour cancelled

SAU3R

When I think of Brad Whitfords statement from last year (?), I don’t think that Covid is the real reason for the cancellation. Especially given the fact that more and more countries are opening up and concerts in summer should be possible 

I had tickets for Mönchengladbach, which already has been cancelled when the tour was postponed, so I don’t mind too much though

• Sad 1

I had tickets for Manchester and oddly enough, my friends old man had messaged to say that they were going to sell their tickets the other day, so at least that saves any additional hassle. I just checked out Brad's statement and I hope they do hit the road again, but age comes to us all and I can't even imagine the toll it will take on them in their advancing years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, Dean said:

I had tickets for Manchester and oddly enough, my friends old man had messaged to say that they were going to sell their tickets the other day, so at least that saves any additional hassle. I just checked out Brad's statement and I hope they do hit the road again, but age comes to us all and I can't even imagine the toll it will take on them in their advancing years.

Yeah I had tickets for all 3 England shows and Krakow. It sucks it's cancelled and definitely not a Covid reason. We missed out for years as they just wouldn't tour here. Their last UK tour was 9 Lives 1997 which is fuckn criminal.

On the brightside shockingly Ticketbastard have refunded my tickets already

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, WildStar said:

Yeah I had tickets for all 3 England shows and Krakow. It sucks it's cancelled and definitely not a Covid reason. We missed out for years as they just wouldn't tour here. Their last UK tour was 9 Lives 1997 which is fuckn criminal.

On the brightside shockingly Ticketbastard have refunded my tickets already

Huh? They were here in '07, '10, '14, '17. Saw them 12 times then. The longest break for me was between '94 to '07.

29 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

well, there we have the real reason. That’s more than disappointing. Shows that money is more important than fans 

Yeah. Kinda suspected something like that. There was no reason really to cancel that Euro tour that early, when all indications where there that touring would be possible.

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not surprised. it's really not safe right now to tour Europe. Unfortunately, the war in Ukraine isn't going to end anytime soon.

The more push they give to Putin the more aggressive he gets.

Bullshit. They cancelled way before Putin. A string of shows at a residency, instead of travelling from city to city is just more lucrative. Especially with those Las Vegas prices.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not surprised. it's really not safe right now to tour Europe. Unfortunately, the war in Ukraine isn't going to end anytime soon.

This has nothing to do with Putin or anything else you repeat that you heard on CNN. 

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

well, there we have the real reason. That’s more than disappointing. Shows that money is more important than fans 

Why immediately assume that?
I listened to the Joe Bonamassa podcast with Brad and he talked about how he was pretty much done with touring and didn't enjoy it and that the age thing was becoming a problem.
I think a residency like this might be the only way to keep going.
They don't have to tour anymore, which is a real hassle at their age, but they can still play and fans can go see them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why immediately assume that?
I listened to the Joe Bonamassa podcast with Brad and he talked about how he was pretty much done with touring and didn't enjoy it and that the age thing was becoming a problem.
I think a residency like this might be the only way to keep going.
They don't have to tour anymore, which is a real hassle at their age, but they can still play and fans can go see them.

Yes. But they still could have fullfilled contractual agreements. We held on to those tix for 2 years. Some reciprocation on their part would have been nice. And it's not like they would have to slum it through Europe, lugging their own baggage, travelling via public transport, sleeping in youth hostels. Everything is being taken care for them. They agreed to do this tour in 2019. They should have sucked it up and followed through.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. But they still could have fullfilled contractual agreements. We held on to those tix for 2 years. Some reciprocation on their part would have been nice. And it's not like they would have to slum it through Europe, lugging their own baggage, travelling via public transport, sleeping in youth hostels. Everything is being taken care for them. They agreed to do this tour in 2019. They should have sucked it up and followed through.

Come on, touring is hard no matter how you look at it. Even if you can stay in fancy hotels and you have enough money to make it as comfortable as possible, it's still tough for people in their 70's. We're not talking about a one week trip and staying in the same hotel for that period. It's still travelling and then in the evening a show. I'm under 40 and after band rehearsal I already have sore shoulders from that heavy Les Paul, imagine how that must be for them.

I don't know why they're not making up for those shows, but it's been more than two years since then. They're older, the world is a bit different, and who knows what else has been going on. It's easy to be cynical and immediately say that it's a moneygrab, but that's all I seem to hear these days from fans who don't like something a band does.

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Come on, touring is hard no matter how you look at it. Even if you can stay in fancy hotels and you have enough money to make it as comfortable as possible, it's still tough for people in their 70's. We're not talking about a one week trip and staying in the same hotel for that period. It's still travelling and then in the evening a show with a guitar around your neck. I'm under 40 and after band rehearsal I already have sore shoulders from that heavy Les Paul around my neck for a few hours, imagine how that must be for them.

I don't know why they're not making up for those shows, but it's been more than two years since then. They're older, the world is a bit different, and who knows what else has been going on. It's easy to be cynical and immediately say that it's a moneygrab, but that's all I seem to hear these days from fans who don't like something a band does.

If the Stones can, they can too. Also it would have been a little over a month. With mostly 3 shows per week. So a paid vacation really and no endless tour. And they also have their instruments around their neck, when they do their shows in LV, so sorry, not buying it and sorry, cancelling a travelling tour to do a residency at the same time, is a cashgrab with no regards for anyone other than themselves. They could have done a residency in London instead, if the touring is the problem. But obviously they have a good deal in LV that just needed an extension.

Edited by PatrickS77

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

If the Stones can, they can too. Also it would have been a little over a month. With mostly 3 shows per week. So a paid vacation really and no endless tour. And they also have their instruments around their neck, when they do their shows in LV, so sorry not buying it and sorry, cancelling a travelling tour to do a residency at the same time, is a cashgrab with no regards for anyone other than themselves. They could have done a residency in London instead if the touring is the problem. But obviously they have a good deal in LV that just needed an extension.

Haha... I knew you'd make that comparison. So because one person can do it, it means someone else must do it too? 
Come on, you know that's not how it works. Everyone is different. One bandmember of Aerosmith has already said that age has become a problem.
They've been touring the world for almost 50 years and coming to you. Now they don't want to do that anymore, probably partly because of their age, and so they're doing a residency. Well, good for them.
They're not forcing you to buy tickets, so your argument fails.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

I never said they did. But they cancelled 5 shows I bought tickets for. Something they would never allow me (to return tickets once I have bought them).

Yes, I understand you're disappointed. I've had several shows from other bands being cancelled several times too (due to Covid) and they're not making up for it either because of whatever situation. Shit happens, deal with it.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yes, I understand you're disappointed. I've had several shows from other bands being cancelled several times too (due to Covid) and they're not making up for it either because of whatever situation. Shit happens, deal with it.

Who's saying I'm not dealing with it? You deal with it that I voice my opinion on it and think their decision sucks and is (mostly) motivated by financial reasons.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Who's saying I'm not dealing with it? You deal with it that I voice my opinion on it and think their decision sucks and is (mostly) motivated by financial reasons.

Well, you come off a bit whiny, so I figured you weren't dealing with it very well.
But fine, I am less cynical, especially not after having listened to that podcast with Brad.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? They were here in '07, '10, '14, '17. Saw them 12 times then. The longest break for me was between '94 to '07.

Yeah. Kinda suspected something like that. There was no reason really to cancel that Euro tour that early, when all indications where there that touring would be possible.

They have played a 1 off stadium show, 1 arena show and 5/6 Festival dates in the UK since 1997 9 Lives tour.

They have cancelled more shows than played in the UK over the last 25 years. Piss poor ...

... and now Vegas after Tyler slagged the crowds off 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

No other bands have cancelled... KISS, Foos,  RHCP,  Metallica, Guns

They obviously want easy money at Vegas infront of people munching on nachos 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:52 PM, WildStar said:

They have played a 1 off stadium show, 1 arena show and 5/6 Festival dates in the UK since 1997 9 Lives tour.

They have cancelled more shows than played in the UK over the last 25 years. Piss poor ...

... and now Vegas after Tyler slagged the crowds off 

But 60 shows in Europe overall. Still. Plenty of chances to see them. You can't be picky about which countries in Europe they play and have to take what you can get.

Apparantly Joey is sitting this one out though:

Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer has "regrettably made the decision to sit out the band's concerts in 2022 so he can focus his full attention on his family during these uncertain times," according to a statement from the band. Kramer was estranged from Aerosmith in 2019 but returned in 2020.

While the statement notes that "he and the band look forward to his future performances with Aerosmith," John Douglas will be stationed behind the drum kit while Kramer "takes a temporary leave of absence." 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2022/03/23/aerosmith-returns-las-vegas-residency-park-mgm-2022/7127140001/

Edited by PatrickS77

31 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Joey Kramer has "regrettably made the decision to sit out the band's concerts in 2022 so he can focus his full attention on his family during these uncertain times

Sorry but that smells like a lot of bullshit, especially with their history from the last 3 years 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Sorry but that smells like a lot of bullshit, especially with their history from the last 3 years 

Of course it does. Not even there they can be honest. As if 2 years sitting at home isn't enough time to fully pay attention to ones family. I'm sure they would be glad if Grandpa would leave the house once in a while.