Appetite for Distortion - Sean Beavan

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

Whoa...thought this wasn't happening until Sunday?  Congratulations...Can't wait to listen!

Would love to hear some of your personal impressions of the interview, when you have the time.

The original post I wrote the wrong day...so, surprise! I'll say this, it was perhaps the least stressful GNR-related interview. Just reached out, no pushback or topics to avoid...other than Manson, mainly because he doesn't know anything. But he was cool just talking about Chinese Democracy as much as I wanted. Because of that I wanted to make sure I spoke enough about his current stuff too, as a thank you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gambit83 said:

The original post I wrote the wrong day...so, surprise! I'll say this, it was perhaps the least stressful GNR-related interview. Just reached out, no pushback or topics to avoid...other than Manson, mainly because he doesn't know anything. But he was cool just talking about Chinese Democracy as much as I wanted. Because of that I wanted to make sure I spoke enough about his current stuff too, as a thank you.

Nice surprise to listen to on a Friday.  Very wise approach to the interview.  Sounds great so far!

• GNFNR 1

It's interesting...He says they did 35 songs, but, he also says, "out of the ones Axl ended up singing on" which, I guess makes sense for the years he was there, as everything pretty much aligns with the state the songs were in as of the Village leaks.

Also noteworthy, IMO: Not that his opinion is the be all end all, but, he did point out that all of his favorites ended up on the album.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Available wherever you get your podcasts, but I encourage watching (and subbing :) ) on YouTube.

What a super nice guy. Hope I asked enough. Lots about the recording sessions, including about Brain May.

Enjoy!

Not had a chance to listen yet but I’m sure it’ll be an awesome listen. I hope you asked the question certain saddos (like me) want to know the answer to…..did Axl ever record vocals for Zodiac 13?!?!! 🤣

• Like 1

• downzy pinned this topic
2 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

So, it's possible that Lies They TellOh My God and This I Love were in the works too un late 99.

Again, great interview.

There are some users with good level on this forum. Proud to have joined.

Of course This I Love was already in the works in 1999, it was demoed 7 years before that in '92. You gotta up your game on your GNR knowledge before you make another list

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3