Appetite for Distortion - Sean Beavan

On 2/4/2022 at 3:22 PM, oneway23 said:

It's interesting...He says they did 35 songs, but, he also says, "out of the ones Axl ended up singing on" which, I guess makes sense for the years he was there, as everything pretty much aligns with the state the songs were in as of the Village leaks.

Also noteworthy, IMO: Not that his opinion is the be all end all, but, he did point out that all of his favorites ended up on the album.

Yeah - he pretty much confirms the ones that had vocals where the ones that ended up on the record.

He also left because of Rose's inability to turn up to the studio to record vocals.

They decided to get someone more senior to push Rose to record more vocals.

He say Roy Thomas Barker was unable to push him to sing more too.

11 hours ago, Pele said:

Yeah - he pretty much confirms the ones that had vocals where the ones that ended up on the record.

He also left because of Rose's inability to turn up to the studio to record vocals.

They decided to get someone more senior to push Rose to record more vocals.

He say Roy Thomas Barker was unable to push him to sing more 

So we may assume that the man sung very little over the past 2 decades, which would mean that a bunch of "leftovers" are most likely the last feat of Gn'R. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Riad is one of his favourites seriously? The splash of Slash's turds dropping into a toilet create a better listen than that piece of shit

Turds dropping Splashes turned up 3.5 dB is my favourite Remix of that. The ending transitions into Blood in the Water. Dammn Haemorrhoids...

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • Haha 2

Thanks for doing the interview. It was awesome to hear him! Good work as always!

I hope that you will get him again for another episode. I could listen to him for hours taking about the making of CD. I feel like there is alot of more to talk to him about the time with GNR.

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, betterman said:

Is it any possibility to have Robin over for an interview??

What has he been doing lately? I know that he was to release a solo album, but never heard any more of that...

Last year he announced he was opening a video game studio (yes)

https://www.gamesradar.com/why-spec-ops-the-lines-creative-director-and-a-nine-inch-nails-guitarist-are-opening-their-own-game-studio-eyes-out/

It really seems that a solo project isn't in his plans anymore.

Anyway, it would be fantastic an interview with Robin by a GnR fan, 'cause no one asks him about his time in the band.