Zuckerberg threatens to pull Meta from Europe

AtariLegend

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Likely, unless WhatsApp hosts its servers in Europe. 

My understanding is that WhatsApp is basically the primary form of internet communication outside of America, with Europe being one of its biggest markets in particular. Entire businesses there use it to do even their most basic functions. So it going away there would have a huge impact, to say the least.

Edited by rocknroll41

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

My understanding is that WhatsApp is basically the primary form of internet communication outside of America, with Europe being one of its biggest markets in particular. Entire businesses there use it to do even their most basic functions. So it going away there would have a huge impact, to say the least.

That's true. I can't use WhatsApp anymore since last year (apparently my phone is too old), and since then people look at me as if I'm from another planet when I tell them I don't have WhatsApp. But I refuse to buy a new phone just to use a chat function. Fuck that. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 7:17 AM, grouse said:

Dont think anyone would mind, sentiment in this part of the world is pretty anti meta/facebook. 

Sadly its not gonna happen, just a powerplay.

I would mind. That would be really bad. Don't care much for Facebook (other than using it for commenting on Blabbermouth), but love IG. Great way to keep in contact with people and just to see great pictures.