Slash - Live From Studios 60 (Full New Album Live Performance)

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, Mean Bone said:

The only legit physical release of this is the 2 LP Record Store Day.

Not true !

Exclusive to the Japanese market is a "deluxe" edition of the album, with bonus tracks from the Studios 60 performance at the end of the disc (You're A Lie, WOF, Driving Rain & Anastasia), and an additional DVD of the full performance ! While I would have preferred a blu ray for optimal image quality, the audio track is 48/16 PCM, so far higher quality than the youtube stream.

- Mastering on the bonus live tracks is pretty compressed, but the PCM track ripped from the DVD has more dynamics (well, a bit) :

ANASTASIA.jpg

Definitely a better listening experience than the horrendously mixed and mastered main album.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mean Bone said:

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t aware of that release at the time, I was more replying to the bootleg Blu-Ray posted above.

Was there a download code for a digital version with the RSD release?

Yes, it went under my radar as well -only noticed it when I ordered some stuff from CD Japan and stumbled upon their edition. Way better than the box they released anywhere else.

Re:the RSD release, I don't know.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, EvH said:

Not true !

Exclusive to the Japanese market is a "deluxe" edition of the album, with bonus tracks from the Studios 60 performance at the end of the disc (You're A Lie, WOF, Driving Rain & Anastasia), and an additional DVD of the full performance ! While I would have preferred a blu ray for optimal image quality, the audio track is 48/16 PCM, so far higher quality than the youtube stream.

- Mastering on the bonus live tracks is pretty compressed, but the PCM track ripped from the DVD has more dynamics (well, a bit) :

ANASTASIA.jpg

Definitely a better listening experience than the horrendously mixed and mastered main album.

Still can’t believe the universal praise for the Studios 60 mix. It’s like Slash is on a room mic a mile away. Bass and bass drum is pretty tiring on the ear. 

Prefer the album mix, but I’d pick this kind of mix as a middle ground then. Slash is still Slash, with some attack and presence to the riff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jemile said:

Still can’t believe the universal praise for the Studios 60 mix. It’s like Slash is on a room mic a mile away. Bass and bass drum is pretty tiring on the ear. 

Prefer the album mix, but I’d pick this kind of mix as a middle ground then. Slash is still Slash, with some attack and presence to the riff. 

To each one's own, but I find the album mix congested, flat, badly eq-d, unfocused. Amateur work, in the bad sense of the word. That's not what I had in mind regarding an album "recorded live" in the same room. And the mastering, as expected, is bad.

Which is not to say I find the Studios 66 mix a sonic marvel, but it's more pleasing to my ears. I praise it by comparison.

Now this does not solve the songwriting, composition and tendency to improvise solos issues, but I digress...:ph34r: