New Slash Interview (Rolling Stone)

13 hours ago, Pele said:

So they can sell another CD to idiots who handed over their hard earned money for 20 year old throwaways 'to support the band'.

To use as promotional material for the next leg of the tour because he won't give interviews or go on chat shows or do any other kind of promotion.

Are you calling idiots to GNR fans in a GNR forun for buying GNR music???

Don't see your point at all... I'm guessing who is the idiot here...

Guns n Roses is done apart from a bit of touring.  Slash has been pushing him and his band recently (knows Guns n Roses is over).  I think Axl has no interst at all hence he put on a good show last year knowing it was   going to be his last and at the age of sixty bow out gracefully.    Although I may be totally wrong...

#

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's gonna be Atlas and Perhaps, come on you all know it! lol

I'd be fine if they officially release these songs and give them new life. I'm curious if Atlas Shrugged was ever worked on more lyrically since it seems unfinished in that regard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Honestly, if the only way this band can release music is by releasing a few songs a year until it eventually reaches an album, I’m fine with it.

New music is coming out in some form.

Great time to be a Guns fan! :) 

It's what they really should have been doing all along but I guess there was too much money wrapped up in the Chinese Democracy recordings to release them without a grand plan. Enough time has passed where the record label doesn't care and Axl can probably do what he wants with whatever unreleased stuff he has.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mystery said:

It's what they really should have been doing all along but I guess there was too much money wrapped up in the Chinese Democracy recordings to release them without a grand plan. Enough time has passed where the record label doesn't care and Axl can probably do what he wants with whatever unreleased stuff he has.

Bumble was pushing for this during his tenure. It’s exponentially more profitable that Axl waited for Slash, I wonder if that’s what he was holding out on all those years honestly.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

16 hours ago, Pele said:

Are you seriously gonna die on this cliff?

Are you genuinely saying you actually believe they aren't gonna do EXACTLY what I've been saying for years and release Atlas/Perhaps/maybe General and actually release a batch of unheard material?

Of course you don't.............

I'm enjoying the view from the cliff😎

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Honestly, if the only way this band can release music is by releasing a few songs a year until it eventually reaches an album, I’m fine with it.

New music is coming out in some form.

Great time to be a Guns fan! :) 

Yeah same as, but it's hard to get lost in the music when you hear 2 songs and then nothing for months. Something is better than nothing, but I am old school and I want to hear the full album and dive into it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Bumble was pushing for this during his tenure. It’s exponentially more profitable that Axl waited for Slash, I wonder if that’s what he was holding out on all those years honestly.

Such a shame Axl didn't do this with Bumble and co. He obviously liked the idea enough to steak it from Bumble🤠

• Like 1

English is not my 1st language, of course, but even to me it was pretty obvious that Slash meant more than two songs were worked on, but the current plan is to release two of those in the near future. 

Taking from the songs we know, I’m not sure about Perhaps. Seems odd that the song only had one version recorded, with a very muddy mix, with no input from Brain or Bucket. I feel it was on the pipeline back in 98 or 99, but then it kinda stuck and it wasn’t on the priority list. Which blows my mind as this was the best demo from the bunch to me.

The “more complex” stuff suggest something like The General to me. Atlas and Perhaps aren’t complex at all. But then again, I feel like The General is an album song, not something to be released so out of context. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WildStar said:

From that interview I think we can take ...

- They keep the peace by travelling alone

- We're getting another 2 song EP in 2023 ... or 2024

- Guns are officially 'The World's Most Boring Band'

Slash stick to your creative Band with Myles mate

I thing the 2 songs will come out this year during the tour and another ep at the end of the year or the beginning of 2023. The same plan as the last year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe even more because it isn't a Guns N' Roses song :lol:

Or that, lol. I think it's that dumb Youtube video from ages ago "Unwanted Illusions" that's fucking people up to this day thinking stuff like Just Another Sunday was from UYI lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

From that interview I think we can take ...

- They keep the peace by travelling alone

- We're getting another 2 song EP in 2023 ... or 2024

- Guns are officially 'The World's Most Boring Band'

Slash stick to your creative Band with Myles mate

Going by the Eddie Vedder thread most people would say that's Pearl Jam.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Crash Diet has absolutely nothing to do with UYI seeing as it was written and recorded before even AFD.

The only way that stuff would make sense in a UYI box set, is if it's "bonus" stuff accompanying the early demos of Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays (since they all came from the same demo tape). Basically, they add Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, etc. and maybe some of Izzy's "home demos" to fill out a whole LP. But yea, there's pretty much no chance they'll ever do anything with those demos.

• Like 3