New Slash Interview (Rolling Stone)

4 hours ago, Pele said:

Fair post.

I tend not to use the term 'insiders'.  Obviously a real insider would be a source close to the band.  The forum definition 'insider' I'd say relates to a certain type of poster (basically someone who posts vague clues/info without a source and 99% turns out to be bullshit.

I've always been clear - there is another type of poster.  Absolute ass-lickers who spend all day posting support of Rose on Twitter/Insta, who send messages of love to the Lebeis/Santos family, who run and tell tales to them whenever someone posts anything mean, who (genuinely) turn up to shows with presents for Fernando's sister etc.  There are 2-3 of these who have direct access to Beta (and the family) and converse regularly.  They aren't 'insiders', they are just super-fans who are occasionally given nuggets of info (not that there is ever anything exciting worth knowing - however one was informed when Rose called Hudson).

I believe there was a plan to release a 2010 album - and the album consisted of completed songs (Atlas/Perhaps/General/ Going Down), new versions of existing songs (TIL), and songs he wanted to complete (Tonto/Soulmonster/Zodiac).

Shades of grey exist.

I don't believe Tonto/Soulmonster/Zodiac etc were finished.  You and others may do.

Slash has helpfully told us what's happening - songs Axl had done vocals on will be released.

So let's see.

So, for a point of clarification, you believe said former wrestler was incorrect when he said a new album was ready to go in 2010/2011? He made it very clear that, had the record label said yes at the time, a completed album could have been turned over the next day. He even said the plans were to make it self-title (either Guns N' Roses of GN'R). Based on your previous post, you believe that was not the case? 

2 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

So, for a point of clarification, you believe said former wrestler was incorrect when he said a new album was ready to go in 2010/2011? He made it very clear that, had the record label said yes at the time, a completed album could have been turned over the next day. He even said the plans were to make it self-title (either Guns N' Roses of GN'R). Based on your previous post, you believe that was not the case? 

I still believe that this was just a rumor. Why should the record label reject an album that Axl wants to release. They spend so much money in CD, they eould release anything to get some of it back.

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I still believe that this was just a rumor. Why should the record label reject an album that Axl wants to release. They spend so much money in CD, they eould release anything to get some of it back.

One reason would be if they were still holding out hope for a reunion with Slash, they'd want to maximize dollars on a new record simply called GUNS N' ROSES.

Edited by GnR Chris

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

One reason would be if they were still holding out hope for a reunion with Slash, they'd want to maximize dollars on a new record simple called GUNS N' ROSES.

Per the rumors at the time, this was the more realistic reason. IIRC, the "official" reason was that the label felt the band should still promote Chinese Democracy. The "real" reason was a mix of wanting Slash/Duff back to market the record. Against all odds, the label made a profit on Chinese Democracy with the Best Buy deal, and did not want to sink even more costs into pressing and promoting a follow-up album to Chinese Democracy, which in terms of actual units moved, was well below expectations. 

Again, going off the top of my head, @Blackstarcould probably help here, the album shipped platinum (as in Best Buy bought 1,000,000 copies), but SoundScan numbers (which tracks actual purchases) indicated it sold somewhere between 500,000 and 600,00 physical copies. 

7 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Yes, for pure clarification, I believe the circulated album track-list containing Tonto, Monstrosity and Zodiac was not ready to go.

I believe those songs would have been swapped out for Oh My God and other 'remixes' of pre-existing Guns songs.

When he says everything's been done and tested, he's almost right. But there will come a time in the future when a band rises up and gives the finger to the woke mob. And when that happens, it'll be a first, because since the woke took over, no one of consequence has dared to tell them to fuck off like bands did back in Slash's day did. Then, it'll catch on with a new generation of teens who are tired of the thought-police and bam... musical revolution.

It's just a shame I'll be too old to enjoy it haha.

Edited by Nintari

6 hours ago, Nintari said:

When he says everything's been done and tested, he's almost right. But there will come a time in the future when a band rises up and gives the finger to the woke mob. And when that happens, it'll be a first, because since the woke took over, no one of consequence has dared to tell them to fuck off like bands did back in Slash's day did. Then, it'll catch on with a new generation of teens who are tired of the thought-police and bam... musical revolution.

I agree, been waiting for this to happen for a while. Nothing in sight though.

16 hours ago, Nintari said:

axl did something abou this in china exchange 

Do you guys think the 2 singles that may be released in summer will be the leaked tracks Perhaps, Atlas, State of Grace or unheard tracks? I'd like to hear unheard tracks of course but I'm very curious as how Slash will handle these leaked tracks.

BTW, if the album ain't released this year, the wait for it will be as long as it took CD to be released since TSI.

Edited by North Korean Democracy

24 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Do you guys think the 2 singles that may be released in summer will be the leaked tracks Perhaps, Atlas, State of Grace or unheard tracks? I'd like to hear unheard tracks of course but I'm very curious as how Slash will handle these leaked tracks.

BTW, if the album ain't released this year, the wait for it will be as long as it took CD to be released since TSI.

Pele might know the answer

:smiley-confused2:    :awesomeface:

Edited by Free Bird

1 hour ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Welcome to the forum!

6 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Don't forget there's also supposed to be UYI box set this year.