Slash performing Rocket Man on the Stern show

Myles sounded good but that arrangement was as flat as a pancake. Slash was all over the place too... Probably should have played a different song that didn't involve Brent playing keys for loads of the song

• Like 1

I just saw it on youtube. It was fucking beautiful, really liked Myles here, just very nice.

But man, Slash really kinda lost his feel/ instict/ mojo, whatever you wanna call it. Why the "shredding" bit at the end? It sounds so out of place and tasteless, seems to irritate Myles even. It's hard to ignore the reduction in his playing, imo. Ah well, we're all getting old and it kinda sucks.

• Like 2

:blink:

Nothing wrong with what he did there. Classic Slash imo. 

Can't help but sometimes I think... if he played today the exact same solo for, let's say KOHD live at the Ritz in 88, people would go mad by his noodling. He did that through his entire career. It isn't new that he's noodling and this Rocket Man outro was everything but tasteless if you ask me... 

Yeah I know... you don't :lol:

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

:blink:

Nothing wrong with what he did there. Classic Slash imo. 

Can't help but sometimes I think... if he played today the exact same solo for, let's say KOHD live at the Ritz in 88, people would go mad by his noodling. He did that through his entire career. It isn't new that he's noodling and this Rocket Man outro was everything but tasteless if you ask me... 

Yeah I know... you don't :lol:

Ah I don't know, this song is a ballad and it called for something like the solo from Fall to piece or Yesterdays, he just blitzed through it like it was a typical fast rocker. 100% each to their own tastes, but I wouldn't say that this was good or classic Slash - it filled a space😄.  To me classic Slash is the breakdown section of Move to the city live era, great tone and playing appropriately to the music while still completely vibing. Now... It doesn't help that Slash's sound in this video sounds like a 10watt Fender Frontman amp you got with your first guitar, just sounds weak. There's hours of set up for these Howard performances there's no reason why the star of the show should have a shit sound.

Is the KOHD solo from Ritz a popular version? It came on shuffle there the other day, the main thought I had was 'thank heavens he reworked this solo for UYI'. 

I kinda agree that Slash is the same old Slash that he's always been, but current day Slash says he's playing better than ever and plays guitar all the time... you can kinda give the benefit of the doubt to 1988 Slash, being that he'd probably drank a bottle or two of Jack and snorted a kilo of drugs. 

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Is the KOHD solo from Ritz a popular version? It came on shuffle there the other day, the main thought I had was 'thank heavens he reworked this solo for UYI'. 

I don't know if it's a popular version and I don't really care tbh... I know that I prefer it to the 90s version. Not only the one from Ritz but from the 80s in general.

I dunno what it says about me that 9 times out of 10 whenever someone comments on Slash "shredding" too much I end up listening to the audio going "eh sounds tasteful and fine to me" lol this performance included

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno what it says about me that 9 times out of 10 whenever someone comments on Slash "shredding" too much I end up listening to the audio going "eh sounds tasteful and fine to me" lol this performance included

I think some people don't want to like the song before they've heard it.

• Like 1

it says you are correct

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 6:14 PM, El Guapo said:

I just saw it on youtube. It was fucking beautiful, really liked Myles here, just very nice.

But man, Slash really kinda lost his feel/ instict/ mojo, whatever you wanna call it. Why the "shredding" bit at the end? It sounds so out of place and tasteless, seems to irritate Myles even. It's hard to ignore the reduction in his playing, imo. Ah well, we're all getting old and it kinda sucks.

It even irritated Myles lmao. As if they haven't rehearsed the song.  Myles knows who he is playing with and why.  This is such a silly comment.  

Word lol