Put SMKC Aside

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I think it will happen at some point. Maybe after 1 more SMKC record since they are already working on it

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It doesn't seem to me that they're ending this anytime soon.

I wouldn't hold my breath, and Slash has said in recent interviews (like that Rolling Stone one) that he's not stopping SMKC anytime soon.

Slash just isn’t that great a song writer. Slash is great at elevating a base, but not really good at creating that base.

Back to the original post put Izzy, Slash, Steve and Duff together and you’ll have a great band. Collectively they are much stronger than the sum of the parts. At the point anyone singing over the top will sound great.

Edited by Euchre
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Slash really, really needs a challenge and an exciting singer.

There's 2 ways to do that... the first would be another album with different guests on every track - guys like Marc LaBelle, Luke Spiller, Ayron Jones, Anderson .Paak, and plenty of others would probably sound great with Slash. Break out of the routine of working with the Conspirators for a while and try more variety.

The other way to do it would be not to have a singer at all, or just a small amount of vocals, on a blues record. A [mostly] instrumental blues record would be the coolest thing Slash could do at this point, IMO.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think the OP just meant that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler/Sorum should put together a band without Axl.

Oh yeah... Velvet Revolver😜

Not a hope! All you need to know is how Slash talks about VR and the process of finding a singer. Izzy/Duff can sing, yeah but they are not going to be singing Sweet Child on those gigs, and if those guys are all in a band together they have to play GNR hits... so they then have to hire a high register singer, insert Myles and now you're back to SMKC with a different rhythm section.

• Like 1

I'm quite happy with SMKC as Slash's main outlet for creativity. Obviously in an ideal world, he would be writing new songs for Axl as well, but it's not Slash's fault Axl is allergic to work. 

The new SMKC album is great! Haven't been able to stop listening to it these last few days. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The other way to do it would be not to have a singer at all, or just a small amount of vocals, on a blues record. A [mostly] instrumental blues record would be the coolest thing Slash could do at this point, IMO.

I was going to mention a Blues album and I have before.. I could see Slash really knocking that out of the park and be really motivated by the project.. He would need a proper blues singer though.. Not fucking Teddy Zig Zag lol.  He jammed with a Blues musiician Jimmy Vivino a few times and I thought they had great chemistry.  I think they could put out a killer blues album if they colaborated together. Slash actually did some 30 hour Gibson interview a couple months ago as well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was going to mention a Blues album and I have before.. I could see Slash really knocking that out of the park and be really motivated by the project.. He would need a proper blues singer though.. Not fucking Teddy Zig Zag lol.  He jammed with a Blues musiician Jimmy Vivino a few times and I thought they had great chemistry.  I think they could put out a killer blues album if they colaborated together. Slash actually did some 30 hour Gibson interview a couple months ago as well. 

Yeah, anything but SMKC would be more interesting now. Although I think I heard enough of Slash's blooze noodling for several lifetimes...but with a cool singer and strong material, sure.

How about Steven Tyler or Beth Hart. Or Danzig, wasn't there a rumour.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, anything but SMKC would be more interesting now. Although I think I heard enough of Slash's blooze noodling for several lifetimes...but with a cool singer and strong material, sure.

How about Steven Tyler or Beth Hart. Or Danzig, wasn't there a rumour.

Glen Danzig?! That would be amazing!

Will never happen cos Danzig is kinda like Izzy. Doesn’t tour extensively 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

3 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I see only one band that runs on autopilot and rips fans from money year by year, giving nothing in exchange.

Wouldn't argue with that either. And the two singles prove they're also on autopilot. However, at the end of the day, I'd rather see them half-ass performances of Civil War and Nightrain over another band doing painfully generic modern rock.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

What other "generic modern rock" band sounds like SMKC? 4 sounds anything but generic, the riffs and hooks Slash wrote are pretty creative and has a throwback 70's/80's rock vibe for the most part. Even Myles whose voice is an acquired taste has a distinctive voice. 

This. Tell me one band who would write a song like FBTE these days.

• Like 1