Standout tracks on 4

axl666

For me, the standout track is C'est La Vie, which I think from looking at the lyrics for the first time is about domestic violence.

Other standouts are Spirit Love (very heavy Alice in Chains influence track) and Fall to Earth. I find fall to earth interesting as the solo at 3.48 slightly lets down the song for me; is it in a different key? Really like the rest of the song and once the solo is over the song builds and builds again. Continues Slash's Godfather influenced stuff, and song is a bit like the solo in Serial Killer as well.

Rest of the album overall is good- really good. I don't mind the production as much as some people (I think this might be Slash's St. Anger).

I actually think that this my favourite Slash album overall since It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere.

• Like 3

C'est La Vie

Fall Back To Earth

Fill My World

Spirit Love

Whatever Gets You By

Honestly I love them all they are so different. Even Call Off The Dogs which I didn't like when it was originally released and only heard a couple of times I've grown to really enjoy after the Studio 60 release. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fall Back To Earth is the highlight for me. I like the whole song but the riff is one of those things only Slash can come up with. Spirit Love, Whatever Gets You By, and The River Is Rising are all favorites as well.