• Out ta Get Me
    • Mr. Brownstone
    • Paradise City
    • My Michelle
    • Think About You
    • Sweet Child o' Mine
    • Rocket Queen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 07:00 AM

I really like Think About You, especially the end of the song. But in competition with other songs on AFD, it ranks 10th, a vote for TAY.
Also, Anything Goes is a better song than the AFD version of You're Crazy. :lol:

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Looks like TAY will be next to go so I'll have to vote for MM for the third time in the next round. :lol:

I think I prefer OTGM to ISE but I'm probably in the minority with this.

I also prefer OTGM over ISE, and Mr Brownstone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Looks like TAY will be next to go so I'll have to vote for MM for the third time in the next round. :lol:

I think I prefer OTGM to ISE but I'm probably in the minority with this.

Depends on the day for me. OTGM has always been a favourite for me, absolute beast and maybe the most fun song to drive to on AFD right beside Jungle or You're Crazy... that's another thread and another vote in itself though😄

Who's the mentaller who voted for Rocket Queen? 

There needs to be some accountability for these actions of war

• Haha 2

Think About You and Sweet Child are one of the few ''pop'' moments on Appetite, and a record needs a few poppy moments in my opinion, so I would have a hard time kicking Think About You out. Plus, it's just a great song. Lyrics are awful, but the melody and instruments make up for it.

57 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Depends on the day for me. OTGM has always been a favourite for me, absolute beast and maybe the most fun song to drive to on AFD right beside Jungle or You're Crazy... that's another thread and another vote in itself though😄

Good point. That's probably what's currently swinging it for me. I have the anniversary CD in my car and I listen to the Sound City OTGM quite a bit as I really like that version. Though I acknowledge I'm not voting on that version it does probably influence my opinion. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Out Ta Get Me. It feels like a generic 80s hair metal rocker. Sad to see all the TAY hate. I think it's a great song that unfortunately sounded a bit dated by the time it came out. It has a classic Stones vibe to me. If it had been released 10 years earlier I think it would have been a smash hit.

I think TAY gets a lot of love here...the problem is the other songs getting even more love.

I didn't vote for it, but I probably would kick it out in an early round too. It has this ''feel good'' anthem vibe with corny lyrics in the chorus. It probably comes closest in sound to those cheesy metal bands from the 80's with the corny rock/metal songs. The verses and outro are awesome, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I didn't vote for it, but I probably would kick it out in an early round too. It has this ''feel good'' anthem vibe with corny lyrics in the chorus. It probably comes closest in sound to those cheesy metal bands from the 80's with the corny rock/metal songs. The verses and outro are awesome, though.

Interesting. I've not thought of it in that way. Agree it's a feel good, fun song. That's why it's always a show closer I guess.

14 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The two people voting Paradise City in such an early round - what's your reasoning? I'm curious because I feel like it's top 5 minimum for most people. What about it is lesser than other AFD songs to you?

In my opinion, the only weak track on Appetite is Anything Goes. Paradise City was one song that received a huge amount of airplay when I was growing up and it probably just took it's toll in skewing the way I listen to it in comparison to others. That said, I think the rest of the album are some of the best that the band has done, so it's really hard to choose and Paradise City, while a great song, just doesn't hit me the same as the rest of them do.

I've now resigned myself to the fact that Think About You is next to be chopped off, so going forward, Paradise City will be my vote until it goes :lol:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Interesting. I've not thought of it in that way. Agree it's a feel good, fun song. That's why it's always a show closer I guess.

It's basically their karaoke song. Like Livin' On A Prayer from Bon Jovi. Whether you like them or not (and I happen to like both songs), they are the type of songs with a chorus that everyone can sing along to after a few beers. A song like that probably helped some people think that they were just one of those 80's hairmetal bands with anthem rock songs and corny lyrics.

• Like 1

Missed the first two rounds but You're Crazy and Anything goes would have been my first two choices.. In that order.. They are both great songs though.. I never bought into the whole idea that Appetite could have been better by changing a couple songs..  The album is amazing.. Choosing from here on out is about impossible.. I know Think About You will be the next casualty and that is a sin.. Love that song.. I like it more as time goes on... Chose My Michelle this round..

• Like 2