Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ultimately, if this escalates to the point of reaching WW3, just let them have Ukraine. It's tragic and unfair but if the choice is Ukraine being absorbed into Russia or even a Ukrainian genocide - then that's preferable to what WW3 would entail. Same for Taiwan, just let China have it.

Great thinking... Same as during late summer of 1939 when they said ket them have Poland if our butts are safe...

You really think he'll stop if he gets Ukraine?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I notice on any YouTube video regarding Putin there's always a sea of maggots meming and jerking off over the little napoleon complex creep, some are probably Russian bot accounts though. Astounding that there's people dopey enough to not realise he's a scumbag. Very pathetic indeed.

Obviously, I don't approve of this invasion. It's a shame America has long disowned itself of any moral authority or high ground.

Ultimately, if this escalates to the point of reaching WW3, just let them have Ukraine. It's tragic and unfair but if the choice is Ukraine being absorbed into Russia or even a Ukrainian genocide - then that's preferable to what WW3 would entail. Same for Taiwan, just let China have it.

What??? U should be banned for that. Its an independent country. Wow. Im ashamed fir you. Wow. We still have a lot of stupid people around. Shame!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly. Big heads from Russia sat around the table and decided that they can invade eastern part of Ukraine because USA and EU won't confront them and they think they can survive sanctions for a few years?

Seems like it.  And they are attacking the entire country, apparently...not just the "Eastern part".

5 hours ago, downzy said:

Tragic and completely unnecessary.

There will be thousands dead as a result of Russia's actions.

Time for the rest of the world to isolate and restrict Russia as much as possible without risking a larger continental or global war.

I assume all the sad sacks of shit who have championed Putin for the last ten years or so are enjoying themselves.  Pathetic. 

It's very difficult because at least some of the west is compromised due to business interests and dirty deals with Russia, London and the Tories for example. I can't speak for other countries but I doubt we are the only one. That's without getting into the Russian resources we partly rely on. Putin has been playing a very long game.

The UK should have reacted heavily after the Salisbury poisonings that killed two people, one a British woman and put 1000s of lives at risk. We didn't and now it's too late.

23 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's very difficult because at least some of the west is compromised due to business interests and dirty deals with Russia, London and the Tories for example. I can't speak for other countries but I doubt we are the only one. That's without getting into the Russian resources we partly rely on. Putin has been playing a very long game.

The UK should have reacted heavily after the Salisbury poisonings that killed two people, one a British woman and put 1000s of lives at risk. We didn't and now it's too late.

not just this. those same fucker agents who acted in Salisbury also had two munition storages in our country exploded in 2014 and pretty much nothing happened, because our current president is a blindly pro-russian old grumpy man, surrounded by russian agents.

it's tragic to watch what is now happening in Ukraine, especially considering my own country has been invaded by Russia in the past and occupied by their armies for over 20 years.

thank all gods we are NATO and EU members, unlike Ukraine which now suffers our years 1938, 1939 and 1968 at the same time.

and as downzy pointed out, there are always endless crowds of pro-russian supporting maggots everywhere, who hate the West for no obvious reason. 

fuck them all.

stay strong, Ukraine! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

What??? U should be banned for that. Its an independent country. Wow. Im ashamed fir you. Wow. We still have a lot of stupid people around. Shame!!!!

I agree, he's actually advocating an ukrainan genocide:

It's tragic and unfair but if the choice is Ukraine being absorbed into Russia or even a Ukrainian genocide - then that's preferable to what WW3 would entail

Just now, zombux said:

yet. likely.

No rational reason to attach a vastly superior NATO and start WW3. The reason he invades Ukraine is to create a buffer against NATO. By getting control in Ukraine he can prevent NATO establishing a military presence there close to the Russian borders. Thus, in his mind this move protects Russia. 

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Maybe one of the dumbest things ever written on this forum. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Haha ok. What's dumb about it?

What do you think will happen if Europe lets Russia "have" Ukraine? There will be bloodshed on Ukrainian side, women and children will die. And we should just let him have his toy to avoid making him angry? That's bullshit. Europe and the world can't bow down to a dictator.

7 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What do you think will happen if Europe lets Russia "have" Ukraine? There will be bloodshed on Ukrainian side, women and children will die. And we should just let him have his toy to avoid making him angry? That's bullshit. Europe and the world can't bow down to a dictator.

If we want to minimize bloodshed, then we shouldn't interfere military in what is happening now in Ukraine. If we (and with "we" I mean NATO) support Ukraine military, we will have a full-blown war between NATO (including USA) and Russia/Belarus, which could, in a worst case scenario, also include China. Basically we would have WW3 with even more bloodshed.

What I am saying is that it is too late to avoid bloodshed. There is no good outcome now.

The alternative to military protecting Ukraine is of course not to do nothing but to hit Russia other ways, like financially. Make this invasion hurt. It kind of annoys me writing this because it is not enough. The question is, could more have been done before the invasion to protect Ukraine? Could a coalition of forces, NATO and others, have been stationed in Ukraine to basically be a shield? I don't know, but it bothers me that we don't have protective measures that can prevent bullies and dictators from invading other countries now in 2022.

• Like 1

The reality of the situation is that the US and the West is limited to what it can do with resect to Ukraine.  Starting a continental war over Ukraine just isn’t going to happen. That doesn’t mean  nothing can’t be done. Military incursion is one thing. If we learned anything from the recent follies in Afghanistan and Iraq, long term occupation is no easy feat. This will be a long and protracted battle with the US and NATO supplying the resistance movement for years to come. 

But Putin knows if tries to expand beyond Ukraine to a NATO country he’s going to get smacked. Russia’s military has been greatly improved over the last two decades, but it would get easily routed by a unified NATO response.  Everyone, including Putin, knows this.

Meanwhile in Fuckville Florida…

An outcome of this is likely that other neigbouring countries to NATO, and close to Russia, will want to seek membership in NATO for protection. The outcome of that will be more countries with borders to Russia who is part of NATO - which is exactly what Putin wanted to prevent. Then I fear that the militarization of the border which could eventually result in war - between Russia and this expanded NATO.