Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

I sincerely hope you are right.

There were discussions in his own party whether he should be banned from the party after he partly-blamed ukraine for the situation a few days before the war.  He's a money-hungry idiot with Putins ass-smell on his tongue. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

13 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, I'm not. you can ask for example Putler's great friend Herr Schröder for details. Germany would probably sacrifice everything to the east of their borders within an eyeblink if it "would prevent WW3". everything they do is to desperately not make Putler angry.

thanks so much, "friends".

good that we can rely on the rest of NATO instead.

Schröder has nothing to do with the current German Government, he is just looking for his own economical benefits and doesn’t care about anything else. 

I agree though that Germany shouldn’t be blocking the SWIFT sanctions… if invading a sovereign country doesn’t result in getting kicked out of SWIFT, then what does?

Edited by SAU3R

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Shut up. The current government is anything but nazis. 

Their argument is, that if they'd block swift now, they would have played all their cards. Instead, this still have something they could use against putin. How clever this tactic is, is up for debate. But, as our vice chancellor said yesterday, germany wants to prevent a third world war by any cost and they know that the price for that is the ukraine. as sad as it sounds

Ooh, didn’t realise you were German. I love Germany. Going to Jülich on business in a few weeks. Looking forward to it. 🥳

Edited by Dazey
  • GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Because you saw one video you think this is how it is in the entire country?
I read that the Ukrainian army is (so far) putting up a better fight than what Russia probably expected.

Don't know what to think. Video and situation is just strange. Had war in my cointry and never saw cars and tanks driving side by side casualy... 

16 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Try cologne. its not far and its a good city to have a few drinks

I live less than 100 km from Jülich. Never been there, or even heard of it. I'd rather go to Aachen, though, if I was visiting that area, it's a more beautiful town than Cologne.

14 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Don't know what to think. Video and situation is just strange. Had war in my cointry and never saw cars and tanks driving side by side casualy... 

Not to compare this to WW2, but when the Germans invaded my town in 1940, not much happened either. There wasn't any fighting, they just took over the town. There wasn't combat everywhere.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

Just now, EvanG said:

I live less than 100 km from Jülich. Never been there, or even heard from it. I'd rather go to Aachen, though, if I was visiting that area, it's a more beautiful town than Cologne.

Yea, Cologne is fucking ugly, but it's more interesting if you wanna go out and have a fun night. If you wanna see a nicer city, Aachen is more like the place to be. Or Düsseldorf. 

• Like 1