Appetite for Distortion - Jennifer Batten talks MJ, Slash, and Bucket

Mind if I ask the connection she has to those three, who is she? 

Yes could watch the interview but think I posted in the past I enjoy your stuff but my lifestyle doesn't allow for paying attention to full podcasts at the moment and the snippets you've been uploading are perfect for my selfish needs. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Yes could watch the interview but think I posted in the past I enjoy your stuff but my lifestyle doesn't allow for paying attention to full podcasts at the moment and the snippets you've been uploading are perfect for my selfish needs. 

Ask and you shall receive

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Another great interview Brando. I love some of Jennifer's solo stuff too so I really enjoyed watching this. Had no idea about the love letter from Buckethead and that was really something 😂😁

I'll also give credit to Natternet, only knew about the Buckethead story from his interview when I was prepping. I tried to find perhaps more to her Bucket and Slash stories that she told here, but there wasn't really. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:54 PM, hudsonsaul said:

Seriously, instead of typing her name into Google, you have to ask here, who she is??

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Seriously, instead of typing her name into Google, you have to ask here, who she is??

It's relevant to the topic of this thread, and this is a forum. The answer would save time to those who don't know who she is. So...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah I do. It was direct communication to the OP and its a discussion forum with my question on topic. 

I Google plenty thanks, but there is zero reason why not to ask someone specifically than delve into own research. 

Also you have no idea as to my current state at that time of writing, perhaps in the exact moment I didn't have an opportunity to Google and read, so hitting up OP helps that. Not everyone can be nerding up about interests 24/7.

Perhaps find something else to police on the Internet ya knob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Also you have no idea as to my current state at that time of writing, perhaps in the exact moment I didn't have an opportunity to Google and read, so hitting up OP helps that. Not everyone can be nerding up about interests 24/7.

When you can type out a full question you sure can type 2 words into Google. Nevermind that she's a legend on the guitar. That's all.

33 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

When you can type out a full question you sure can type 2 words into Google. Nevermind that she's a legend on the guitar. That's all.

K. There are hundreds of legends on the guitar and I guarantee I could list a bunch you don't know. What's the point there? 

I've been a fucking GNR nerd for multiple decades mate and her name never crossed my path. There are olive branches of this band that can stretch quite far and wide. 

I also was responding to OP, not you, and explained why I was asking and commenting on his content. 

Sure I could type her name, two words into Google, and then what? Scroll for what I want, filter through a bunch of articles and interviews I've no interest in reading etc. As apposed to commenting on a forum and on topic, engaging in conversation which is the purpose of this place. 

I'd be more concerned about the little Internet high horse that you're on, calling me out for essentially chatting to someone about the topic in question in an open forum. Look in the mirror and assess yourself. I'm going to go out and on a limb and say you're young 20s - not necessarily living with parents still, as that's too easy - but enjoy the world of reddit and pointing out pointless shit like spelling or comments like 'use google' as if you're smarter than others and getting a wee chubby over it. Way too much time on your hands basically.

How's it bothered you what I asked someone directly, other than the Google recommendation (que that old meme you probably think is edgey re: googling) ? OP responded, and the answer gave me literally what I was talking and enquiring about, and again on topic. You felt the need to go off topic for the sake of being dick it seems. 

That to me speaks worlds of you and your character.

So, yeah, you're still a knob in my eyes. 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, hudsonsaul said:

K. There are hundreds of legends on the guitar and I guarantee I could list a bunch you don't know. What's the point there? 

I've been a fucking GNR nerd for multiple decades mate and her name never crossed my path. There are olive branches of this band that can stretch quite far and wide. 

I also was responding to OP, not you, and explained why I was asking and commenting on his content. 

Sure I could type her name, two words into Google, and then what? Scroll for what I want, filter through a bunch of articles and interviews I've no interest in reading etc. As apposed to commenting on a forum and on topic, engaging in conversation which is the purpose of this place. 

I'd be more concerned about the little Internet high horse that you're on, calling me out for essentially chatting to someone about the topic in question in an open forum. Look in the mirror and assess yourself. I'm going to go out and on a limb and say you're young 20s - not necessarily living with parents still, as that's too easy - but enjoy the world of reddit and pointing out pointless shit like spelling or comments like 'use google' as if you're smarter than others and getting a wee chubby over it. Way too much time on your hands basically.

How's it bothered you what I asked someone directly, other than the Google recommendation (que that old meme you probably think is edgey re: googling) ? OP responded, and the answer gave me literally what I was talking and enquiring about, and again on topic. You felt the need to go off topic for the sake of being dick it seems. 

That to me speaks worlds of you and your character.

So, yeah, you're still a knob in my eyes. 

LOL. You had time for this essay,  but googling her name and getting the explanation of who she is on the very top of the page (and really more info and easier than having to watch a video) was too much of an effort? That's just funny. But yeah, let others do the work for you. Which is my point, I guess. Considering that I know of Jennifer since '88 and saw her 20 times in concert in the 90s, you're on a wrong limb. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1